• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The downside of being a good person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The downside of being a good person

As I walked down the busy sidewalk, knowing I was late for Church,

My eyes fell upon one of those unfortunate, ragged vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

You must have seen these poor social rejects, just down on their luck.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling my old pastor, Father Mike, who always admonished me to "care for the sick, feed the hungry, and clothe the naked,"

I was moved, yes I admit it, moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Wearing what can only be described as rags, and carrying her treasured worldly possessions in two plastic bags,

I can say without a doubt, my heart was touched by this person's condition.

Yes fellow Christians, where some people saw only rags, I saw the true, hidden beauty of a lost soul.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rags.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1177798
    Tags: None

Re: The downside of being a good person

Aaaaaaw - you're such a good guy, Labman. But like cornered beasts, these vagabonds may strike out in fear.

How's the black eye ?

Comment

[QUOTE=labman;291024

I was moved, yes I admit it, moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

[/QUOTE]

Yes i have had those(not so much these days though)

D

Comment

​Someone is in a proper cheeky mood this evening !! (points directly at Labman )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X