• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

12 Years Clean Today!(2007) 13 Years TODAY !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 Years Clean Today!

Awww Sal, congratulations hun

you have every right to be proud...... here's to many more anniversaries :cheers:

Comment

Well done Sal, just look forward to your next 12 years (bloody hel, will we all still be here on Beagles by then lol). My brother in law is an alcoholic, he's been clean now for about 20 years, I know how hard it is. You should be really proud of yourself, its a major achievement.

Wendy xx
      Is no longer here

Comment

When I first came to the bank forums over a year ago (otr) I only wanted to see if I could get my money back from Natwest.
        I was warmly greeted by the lovely Karnevil, Nattie and Hagenuk who have remained throughout, my friends. And I love you dearly.
        I think the first person I broke my anonymity to was Jules, during our late night chats - and he accepted it without judgement, which allowed me to let other's know.

There are so many lovely people here, that I am not going to name as I am bound to miss someone out, and I consider you all my friends. There are things I have said here that I have not told my face to face friends.

I just want you to know that because of the way you have accepted me and my past, it has enabled me to speak freely about it both here and otr, and offer help to anyone needing it in my signiture. Because of this I know that at least one person is attending meetings and I speak to others that are making some attempt at being clean, I also speak to some family members.
        All that is because you accepted me.
        As I said previously, you allowed me to be me.

I am greatful I am an addict as this shows me the problems are with me, I am the only thing I can change.
        Truely a big thank you to you all,

Love always to you,
        Sally xxx
        P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
        life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
        Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Sally,

I have congratulated you on your achievements otr,but I feel you deserve it again here,you are an inspiration for others who are addicted to whatever. (smoker myself and would love to stop just don't have the willpower) after reading about what you have achieved,I really admire you.

well done
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
            Sally,

I have congratulated you on your achievements otr,but I feel you deserve it again here,you are an inspiration for others who are addicted to whatever. (smoker myself and would love to stop just don't have the willpower) after reading about what you have achieved,I really admire you.

well done
            Hi scottishlass,
            I too was a smoker for many many years and a heavy one too.
            You mentioned you would love to stop, well at present not a good idea for you, not till you have sorted out things with your daughter.
            When that is done and dusted and it will be I'm sure, if you want a chat about stopping feel free. You have heard this a thousand times I'm sure "If I can you can", I used to think oh not that old saying again. The fact is in my case never a truer word was spoken. Enaid xx
            ps Sorry to hijack your post Sal.

Comment

Thanks Enaid,

I appreciate what you are saying,and agree that just now is not the right time to stop.

But one day I will do it.rudolf

Sorry Sally for the hijcking of your thread.
              Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Hey Sal,

This is the first time I have stumbled across this thread and may I first congratulate you on this massive achievement and say you have impressed the f*** outta me too. I am a ciggy junkie, I did give up for 10 years only to go back on them when the going got tough. I know how hard it is to break an addiction. After reading this I am vowing that from the new year I am going to kick the habit as a mark of how impressed I am at you breaking your addiction. You are an inspiration.

Best wishes,
                Hod...Liam..
                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

I too need to give up the fags, might try it in the New Year. But not till Feb probably cos am going abroadin January and I just know I'll bring loads of duty frees back. So will try to stop after I've smoked all the cheapos.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Well done Sal, love ya hun you are a star as ive told you before!!!

Comment

Sally, I've just stumbled across this thread and just wanted to say a massive congrats and well done on such a fantastic achievement.

Crash
                      Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                      DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                      59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                      179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                      254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay uber well done you............................ nobodys perfect, and to address your own issue head on and beat them is an admirable feat. Bloody well done.................................... you deserve to be proud and very much ALIVE.. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
                        Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
                        Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
                        Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
                        Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
                        Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
                        Natwest round 2
                        Abbey Round 2
                        Yorkshire Bank round 1
                        A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

I've just spotted this thread too and would like to add my congratulations to you Littlesally, the amount of strength it must have taken for you must have been immense. Definately worth shouting about, well done!
                          I know people who are on the road to self destruction and wish they could stop, so your story gives me hope. Thank you xx
                          You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

A belated congrats from me littlesally. You have done a very difficult thing and you are right to be proad of yourself girl. :-)

Comment

This might just deserve a boing today for 13 years. xxx

Well Done x
                              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Well done Sally, you must be so proud of yourself (and you should be)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X