• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
    May I suggest somewhere easily reachable by everyone... we need somewhere you can get to from Wales, Scotland and the South.. lemme get my old rail map out and I'll have a look, but maybe somewhere like *thinks* Nottingham or Derby.
    Puff we've been there, done it and got the t-shirt, believe me we've done all kinds of calculations and my opinion is that you can't please all the people all the time, if you go back over the old threads you'll see what I'm rattling on about.
    Thanks for your input though and if you can come up with somewhere that is an eveen distance for everyone, plus is an interesting town town visit it will be much appreciated.

Comment

How about Stoke?

http://www.visitstoke.co.uk/free.aspx

Comment

Nice one, will throw it in the mix, but I suspect Cel has her heart set on somewhere further south and as its her wedding year I guess its her choice lol.

Comment

BRIGHTON!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2:
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Nutter msl:

Comment

cant do brighton as it would need to be a one dayer for me

Comment

Brighton is a great idea (fairly good from where we live) but not easy for the guys coming from the North and Scotland.

Lets put it to the vote and see how many people are interested and would be able to attend?

Rose if it is Brighton this time we can consider Stoke for another meet.

Next is dates????

Comment

Agreed, finding childcare for my 3 terrors for more than a day is hard, brighton would be a virtual impossiblity for me.

No matter where the do is, I am happy to advise of route and ease of travel (mainly railway as I have the books still) but I would advise people to check train times nearer the time (engineering work etc)

Comment

Thinks if Puff should rearrange her wording of ........ finding childcare for my 3 terrors for more than a day is hard. To........ finding childcare for my 3 angels would have the baby sitters queuing round the block
                    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

you aint met my 3!!

Daughter is in to princesses, pink, and martial arts, No 1 son is in to Thomas, cars and crashing and No 2 son is in to being a monster and going RAWR!! and crashing.

You'd have baby sitters asking about the trade descriptions act if i put Angels in..

Comment

Hello

I went to the York meet to meet the people who helped me at a really dark time in my recent life. My problems came more into focus when I came on here and the help has literally changed my life. I understand that I was a very new member compared to everyone else that went and basically someone who benefits from the advice rather than giving it. That said I was still 'part of the gang' and very well looked after. I felt that the format for someone who was totally new to all this was good. I am not particularly shy but it was a little daunting to meet people I have never met alone, I need not have worried lol. The way everything was arranged suited me - there were group activities if you wanted to join in but no one was made to feel bad if they didn't. I live 2 hours away from York (and an hour of that is on a local trundle bus lol) and originally intended to only go on the Saturday for the meal and then come home Sunday. I decided that as I had the full weekend off work (and that doesn't happen very often!) and plenty of time to save (horse buggered that up but anyway lol) I would make a weekend of it, as I haven't been away anywhere for over a year, or anywhere by myself for goodness knows how long. If another meet were to be held somewhere I would like to visit and look round then I would probably do the same, however if that wasn't possible for whatever reason then I would try and go for the 'meet' itself (like the meal we had at the Hilton) and come home next day or whenever suited. I may even (if it would be Ok) take my daughter. So really anywhere (within reason lol) would be Ok for me really.
                        This is just my take on it though - I realise others will have different views :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Brighton is good, I can get there on the coach lol

Comment

I guess there needs to be a bit of balance or 'alternation,' so I guess the next meet should either be down South or somewhere central. I would like to have visited Nottingham, but that's already been done now, so Brighton gets my vote. We have some rellies down that way at Friston, so I would try and make it a little family outing for my crew.

Of course the alternative is somewhere more central, and if that got more votes, then it would get my support, too.

Comment

Lovely comments from Monz. I guess we are perhaps needing to consider another aspect of these meets. Being the rich mix of peeps that we are (from young studs like me to old gits like Turbo - LOL !!! ) - I guess the 'family' aspect needs considering more. Demonstrated admirably by Ame & Tools last weekend. I guess the daytime stuff (if we're doing another 'fun weekend' again) is pretty OK., but the night-time stuff may possibly need alternatives. Seems 'do-able' to me, though.

Comment

How about Derby folks? its pretty central and easy to get to..
                              I can look up accessibilty and connections.. but its reasonably simple

Comment

How about Oxford?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X