• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

I've had to do penance for my weekend in York, and had online activity heavily curtailed. I think Mrs-K has now considered that I have atoned (as much as I ever could) for my sins. So - my apologies for not posting much so far. I need to say thank you to Shell, who drove me down and back in the Barbie-mobile, and refused to take any petrol money until I threatened her with a knife. Great company, and a lovely lady with a very interesting life-story. Thanks for everything, Shell - including your sterling efforts to try and keep me punctual !!! I also enjoyed Springer Spaniel's company on the journey home, and we three had some "good craic" on the way. I'm currently enjoying some of Springer's home-made chunky marmalade - thank you, ma'am !!!

Thank you also to Tuttsi and Mr.T for bringing Maxie, and returning her and Jax home safely. A somewhat 'reluctant' thanks also to Tuttsi & Mr.T for being so concerned for Maxie's safety in MY company - LOL !!!! :tinysmile_kiss_t4: I can assure you that her honour remains untarnished - and it was really very good of you to be watching out for her. That's what us Beagles do for each other, isn't it ?

Shell, Maxie, Monz and myself tended to knock about doing the same things, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with these three charming ladies. It was good to join the rest of the 'crew' for some of the other things on the itinerary, and for the drinks & dinner. I didn't get to attend Morning Service at York Minster, or to visit the Railway Museum. But I have fallen in love with York, and intend to re-visit it with the family before too long.

I've finally uploaded a bunch of pics to Photobucket, so I'll now attempt to link them here. Sorry - but I'm not used to the camera, and all the pics have a time & date stamped on them. Anywayz - here goes...

Meeting up at the Three Tuns on Friday. Left-to-Right is a camera-shy Shell (but we caught her a couple of times eventually !!!), Monz, Mrs.T, Maxie & Turbo.

Still at the Three Tuns.

Later, after more drinks and some food, we went on the 'Ouse Booze Cruise.' Interesting little evening boat trip on the Ouse, where we were also privileged to view multi-millionaire Turbo's collection of cruisers. Despite our presence, the ship's crew remained calm, and there was no mutiny. L-R: Mrs. & Mr. Turbo, Mr. & Mrs. Tuttsi, Monz.

Still afloat later, with Bill-K added on the left, and Maxie & Shell on the right.
    Last edited by Bill-K; 9th May 2012, 18:53:PM. Reason: piccie assembly

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
      Turbs, Any idea which email account would hold the most pics at any one time to send them over to you.?? Out of these 3 different email accounts (Windows Mail) (Hotmail) or (G-Mail) I have 155 pics and I take it they all have to be uploaded into the email individually huh.??:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Maxie--If you cant fathom Photobucket

Any will do--but send em to simiantics@gmail.com then both me and Bill can help---by next week we may have a better set of procedures where you dont have to effectively use our personal Photobucket accounts--but carry on now as discussed

--no not individually Maxie--have a good look at the photos--delete the rubbish--then click on top photo-hold down shift & click on last photo---then ATTACH to your E-Mail to me

Comment

Later, after more drinks and some food, we went on the 'Ouse Booze Cruise.' Interesting little evening boat trip on the Ouse, where we were also privileged to view multi-millionaire Turbo's collection of cruisers. Despite our presence, the ship's crew remained calm, and there was no mutiny.
        Nice pics Bill--glad you got some as my phone flash crap

for the avoidance of doubt-pmsl--we passed loads of moored top of the range motor cruisers--and nearly everyone said "Turbo" on it-lol

Comment

Saturday. I managed to get us to the Jorvik Centre about 10 mins. late, but we got in. No photos are allowed, but I think there are some pics in the public domain. It was excellent, with a museum and video stuff, and a guy bashing out Viking coins with a die and hammer. The ride through the Viking village was awesome, though. Some of the moving occupants turning and looking us straight in the eyes as we passed - I felt the need to apologise for disturbing them - especially the guy on the loo ! Later, we did Starbucks just outside. L-R: Shell, Monz, Mr.Tuttsi, Maxie, Tuttsi, Turbo.

Maxie, Tuttsi, Mrs. & Mr. Turbo. I believe at this point, we heard that Cel, Springer & Jax were on their way.

While the others went off to explore, and later to partake of Tea at Betty's, Maxie, Monz & Bill went on the circular walk of the York City Wall.

Some great views, as it's pretty high up. Nice bit of scenery, here.

Back a bit......

Back a bit more......

A brief interlude at Clifford's Tower, opposite the Hilton. Thanks to Tuttsi who posted the story of this earlier.

At the top of the steps. Monz & Maxie are down there somewhere. Coo-eee !!!

Aaah, now I can see you...!!!

Back upon the Wall. York Minster. Sorry about the scaffolding - they were filming '60-minute Makeover,' I reckon.

Maxie doing a bit of promotional modelling for the portcullis. You'd sure know it if one of these came down on you.

...A PORTCULLIS, I mean !!! - Not a very pleasant way to be refused entry.
          OMG - I'm not doing very well here, am I ? ...Perhaps we should just move on...
          Last edited by Bill-K; 9th May 2012, 18:56:PM.

Comment

Awesome photos Bill--awesome

Did anyone take any in Stonegate Yard as we dont seem to have any of the lovely CYNthesys?

Comment

Well, I think that how much I enjoyed this weekend is evident in the fact that I am smiling and laughing in every single picture. Haven't laughed so much for ages lol

Comment

Cheers Turbo. I got the camera for Christmas, but this was the first time I really used it much. Sorry about the time & date stamps. I don't think I took any pics in Stonegate Yard, but Maxie may have done. You certainly seemed to be enjoying the weekend, Monz. On the couple of occasions when you weren't laughing or smiling, I think I asked if you were OK !!! "...Just giving my face a break !!!"

Glad you enjoyed it, matey.

EDIT: Just checked, and I didn't take any pics in Stonegate - sorry.
                Last edited by Bill-K; 9th May 2012, 19:20:PM.

Comment

Great Pics posted by Turbs and Bill so far.. ''Lurveee-innnggggggg em..'' Thanks for posting them up guys.. Bless ya.!!

I have to say though.. I have always lurved how the Pics always looks soo crisp and bright on LB site..

Will try and sort mine and post them over to you tonight Turbs if the kids give me five minutes to myself..

Comment

After the Wall, we met up in the Stonegate Yard, where Ame & Tools, and their 5 'Beaglettes' had joined the troupe, along with Celestine, CYNthesis and her daughter, Jax & Springer. Cel conducted our little Trivia Quiz, which was a good laugh. Ame won it by several lengths, of course. Hopefully, Maxie might have some pics from this part of the day. We eventually adjourned to freshen up and put on our dinner suits and ball gowns in preparation for the Beagles Birthday Banquet. Turbo has posted up some excellent pics of this, and I can't improve on those. Here are a couple of extras that might augment the collection, though.

The cake, on which Kirstyn and the Hilton team did a great job with icing and candles - which were blown out ably by a couple of our Beaglettes. And then some idiot let Cel & Ame loose with a knife. Pictures of the ensuing carnage are now with the North Riding Police.

Comment

Absolutely stunning photo's indeed.

Awwwwwwwww so wish I was there with you, looks like you all had an amazing time x

Comment

Sunday. Some went to the Morning Service at the Minster. Maxie, Shell and I went on the York Wheel to be 'Nearer my God, to Thee." The weather had been pretty OK on Friday & Saturday - mostly dry and bright - but with a chilly breeze. Sunday was generally drier, brighter and warmer, and a good day for a ride on the Wheel. It's smaller than the London Eye, and the 'pods' are smaller - which means you can stand up in them and rock them !!! We went round 3 or 4 times, and it just takes about 20 minutes or so.

Shell was there, but not in the photo's, as she spent the entire ride laughing hysterically. Not sure if it was in blind panic, or at my macho attempts to appear in full control of my sphincters.

Looking out across the Ouse toward York Minster.

Looking down on the City Wall toward Lendal Bridge (on the far left).

Going round for the second time, and Maxie has opened her eyes, and let go of the seat !!!

Looking Northward over the Ouse toward the Bootham area (where many of us had our 'digs'). On the extreme left is the main East Coast Railway line.

Looking Northwest, with the East Coast Line coming in to York Station from the right, and the Trans-Pennine line (?) on the left. The Ouse disappearing into the distance. The awful building at bottom right is the Royal Mail parcels/sorting office, and it stands on the bank of the Ouse - whoever gave it planning permission should be shot.

Looking Northwest still, and down one of the 'spokes' toward the centre of the wheel.

Looking down on the Royal York Hotel (in whose grounds the Wheel stands), and York Station beyond. Somewhere out there, we spotted a beautiful white windmill - complete with all 5 sails.

Aah...There it is !!!

A lovely little beaglette we spotted in the town, near the Minster.

Last edited by Bill-K; 10th May 2012, 17:53:PM.

Comment

Nice pics Bill--I got tickets for Wheel but we chickened out

Comment

I forgot completely,

Wandering around on Sunday morning I came across a guy selling his art drawings of York. His sign said 'Pay what you want'. Literally that's what it was, his philosophy was that all art is worthless unless it's sold and has different values to different people. So if people paid what they wanted then it was fair. He had a list of what people had paid over that weekend and prices ranged from 1p for an A5 size picture to £30 for the same size picture! I thought it was an ingenious idea and bought a some postcard size for £1.50.

Did anyone else see this guy at all? Or has anyone ever encountered this before?

Comment

Cheers, guv'nor. I meant to nab those tickets off you, but forgot. As I mentioned, I hope to re-visit that grand old city - so I may yet be able to use them. I thought I'd post up a bunch of York Wheel pics for peeps to take a look at from the comfort and safety of their own chairs !!!

Just one more batch to post - Shambles & Hilton farewells. Then it's over to the REAL blackmail professionals. I have my blankety-blank cheque book and pen at the ready !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
                                Did anyone else see this guy at all ? Or has anyone ever encountered this before?
                                WOW - No I didn't see him - but York seems to be a place ideally suited to those kind of peeps. Good on him, and I agree entirely. The monetary value of ANYTHING is quite simply what it would fetch in the market-place. His style of 'haggling' relies on human nature and conscience. We effectively 'haggle' with our own consciences, with a devil at one ear, and an angel at the other. Can you scan and copy your purchase for us all to see ? I'll donate 1p if you do !!!

I detest scammers, but I lurve opportunists. I hope opportunity knocks on his door before too long, bless him.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X