• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Originally posted by Mrs James View Post
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks for all the hard work put in to make this a fantastic weekend.

Unfortunately Mr J and myself will not be able to attend. My Dad hasn't been well for a few weeks now and has tonight been admitted to our local hospital and it's not looking too good at this moment in time.

Have a ball and we're sorry we'll miss it!

Mrs J XXX
    Sorry to hear about your dad Mrs James--hope he gets better soon

As Bill says--family come first--I myself had to pull out of the Wolverhampton one at last minute last year for family reasons.

We'll meet you at next one no doubt anyway.

Turbs

Comment

Mrs J, I am really very sorry to hear about your dad, family comes first and is very important - perhaps the next meet if you are up for it. I was looking forward to meeting with you and talking some footie - but nevermind there is always next time.

I will cancel Betty's as i had included you and Mr J on the table with us.

Don't forget to cancel the Hilton otherwise they will charge your card as a no show.

Comment

If you pre-booked any attractions, Mrs. J, let me know if you can't get a refund - we might be able to find other members who could use them, and hopefully get you some money back on them.

Comment

Thank you so much for your replies, it means a lot at this time xxx

Tutts, if there is any costs involved in canceling Betty's please PM me and I'll arrange payment.

Slightly better news tonight, they have managed to stabalise Dad. So fingers crossed!

Thanks again guys xx

Comment

That's a bit of good news, Mrs J. It halts the downward slide, and allows a recovery. This is where strength of spirit kicks in, I reckon. Keep a hold.

Comment

Have a really good time you lot.

Comment

We will save you some cake.

Have a lovely time yourself and look forward to seeing you on another meet.

Comment

Cheers EXC. I dunno what you're up to while we're sacking York, but whatever it is - if you can't be good, then be careful !!!

Just a quick suggestionette. To those who may be doing some walking - remember to bring some comfortable shoes for walking in. I got blisters on me blisters when I met the crew in London last year !!

To those who might be buying 'concessionary' tickets on some of the attractions, or proposing to revisit any of them - bring some ID., eg., passport, driving licence, etc.

Also - to all staying in hotels with electronic keycards - bring a fridge magnet with you (but keep it away from your credit cards,etc). I'll tell you why when I find the link...

Comment

Found it. This is over 2 years old, but still worth reading, I reckon:-

Re: Scam Prevention
                    #3 by BillK on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:50 pm

I recently got this from another good member of PAG:-

This is pretty good info. Never even thought about key cards containing anything other than an access code for the room!

HOTEL KEY CARDS

Ever wonder what is on your magnetic key card?

Answer:
                    a. Customer's name
                    B. Customer's partial home address
                    c. Hotel room number
                    d. Check-in date and out dates
                    e. Customer's credit card number and expiration date!

When you turn them in to the front desk your personal information is there for any employee to access by simply scanning the card in the hotel scanner. An employee can take a hand full of cards home and using a scanning device, access the information onto a laptop computer and go shopping at your expense.

Simply put, hotels do not erase the information on these cards until an employee reissues the card to the next hotel guest. At that time, the new guest's information is electronically 'overwritten' on the card and the previous guest's information is erased in the overwriting process.

But until the card is rewritten for the next guest, it usually is kept in a drawer at the front desk with YOUR INFORMATION ON IT!

The bottom line is: Keep the cards, take them home with you, or destroy them. NEVER leave them behind in the room or room wastebasket, and NEVER turn them into the front desk when you check out of a room. They will not charge you for the card (it's illegal) and you'll be sure you are not leaving a lot of valuable personal information on it that could be easily lifted off with any simple scanning device card reader.

For the same reason, if you arrive at the airport and discover you still have the card key in your pocket, do not toss it in an airport trash basket. Take it home and destroy it by cutting it up, especially through the electronic information strip!

If you have a small magnet, pass it across the magnetic strip several times. Then try it in the door, it will not work. It erases everything on the card.

Information courtesy of: Metropolitan Police Service.

PLEASE FORWARD to friends and family.

BillK

Read more at: hotmail hijack - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Hope that you are all ready to party - see you all in YORK in just 3 days when the party starts Friday. Saturday is the big party so all welcome.

It is still not too late to change your mind if you want to join us more the merrier, please just let one of us know (Bill, Turbs or me) so that we can include you.

Everyone is welcome xx
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 2nd May 2012, 05:37:AM.

Comment

IMPORTANT----re Itinary here

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Owing to the pub changing the fittings from sofas to basic wood stools--I have cancelled the 4:30 Meet at Henry J Beans on Friday

It will now be at the The 3 Tuns (described also in above post)

Even forgoing the 15% off at Beans-The 3 Tuns will still be cheaper

FRIDAY TEATIME ---Meet at The 3 Tuns s--for initial meet-up and discussions re Saturday plans

I have a reserved area from 4:30pm

We have a quick "Welcome from LB" from Sapphire, (now delegated to Tuttsi)
                        then informally we can get to know each other and discuss plans for Saturday.

THEN--those that are on half board at Hilton-have dinner there around 6:30 ish

RE-Meet at around 8:30 ish outside The Hilton----300 yds to Staithes Landing

t
                        hen Floodlit Boat Trip at 8:45 (boarding)
                        York Boat - Floodlit Evening Cruise 2012

Comment

Fine by me, guys. Probably a better choice of beer at the 3 Tuns - maybe even hand-pumped, if I'm lucky !!!

Comment

Ok so confirmed plans for me now -

Arriving at York by Coach at 11am Friday, will check into my B&B and then go get some lunch etc and meet everyone at the Three Tuns at 4.30pm. No other plans for Friday evening as yet so I'll play it by ear - just had £100 emergency vet bill for one of the horses so that was most of my saved money but I am determined to do as much as I can this weekend being free of child, horses and dogs!!!

Saturday - Jorvic with the gang ( Turbs and Mrs Turbs ) and then the meal in the evening, Sat afternoon I'll have a wander about with anyone who's around or just lounge in a cafe/bar for the afternoon.

Sunday - Intend York Minster and then my coach leaves at quarter to three.

I believe the coach station is opposite the rail station and I have directions from there to my B&B so I am just about sorted now - woo hoo!!!

Oh, does anyone know if there is an internet cafe in York? I ask as I have my coach tickets on my mobile and as a safety measure (I know what I'm like!!) I have backed that up on my dongle as texts too, so if I lose the texts from the phone or lose phone/destroy my phone I can still get home lol. If that should happen I'll need to retrieve them from the dongle and will need a PC or laptop to do it.

Aaaand finally is there a Mc Donalds in York?? Lol I love love love them and am quite looking forward to one or two this weekend...................

Comment

Hi to all our York gang

I am looking forward to meeting with you all and getting this party started.... we have talked long enough, had many discussions, exchanges of views, and deliberated also as to where what and how.

Everything is now in place with thanks to Turbs he has been a brick travelling back and forth to the city of York and tasting the beers at each pub lol and checking out the attractions sorting out the meal at the Hilton so that we can party.

We have all taken some part in the arrangements as well but the majority of the work has been initiated by Turbs.

All have safe journies and see you Friday or Saturday depending on when you are arriving.

If anyone last minute still wants to come just PM either Turbs, Bill or I so that we can still include you, we dont want to leave anyone out as everyone is welcome.xxx

Comment

Hi all

Yes Monz--internet facilities in the Information Centre---address in your guide

Bill will be leading visits to Railway Museum(free) & Walking the Walls after lunch on Saturday

Theres a McDonalds in the street near Bettys or Information centre---also a Wethersppons just outside micklegate Bar--better than the one under travellodge opposite Hotel 53 btw---theres a whole host of the usual eateries Monz

Nice words Tutts---but I'm only the Front Man on this thread (bit like Freddie Mercury-lol)

However, behind the scenes "in another place"--"Team York" (Tuttsi Bill & Sapphire) been beavering away chivving people and liasing with Celestine while I test the beers--lol Tutts
                                • Helping to decide the itinerary from various options I put to 'em
                                • Producing Flyers--well done Sapphy & Bill--and Bill also the senior sounding board
                                • Getting quotes & ordering little "gift surprises"---full car Tutts-pmsl
                                • Helium Balloons for publicity at the pubs
                                • Tutts especially looking after liason with Hilton for the Birthday Dinner--& woe betide the chef if gets the cake icing wrong--lol
                                Last edited by Turboman; 3rd May 2012, 09:09:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X