• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Hi Tutts

We talked on phone of course so you know we are not into Betty's

Mo been before and we can go anytime if we want--and I will probabably be better use as Link Man during sat afternoon---ie -- co-ordinating people re the pubs---:cheer2:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
      I had thought of going to Betty's, but have decided against it, as I'm on a tight budget. I might go on the York Wheel, and have a walk round the old city while the Betty's crew are doing battle with the 'Fat Rascals.' Fancy going on the wheel, Shell ?

I'm up for that Bill.

Comment

I have just looked at train costs as with the pending oil tankers strike all the garages now round here are mostly closed was on the news last night and are out of petrol. It maybe safer and indeed cheaper to go by train. Also, if the strike gets hold whilst I may have petrol to get there I may not be able to get petrol coming back.

Coming back from the hospitpal Thursday night about 8pm when the roads are normally fairly quiet it was hustle and bustle like rush hour as many cars were out in search of petrol and all the petrol stations we passed had huge queues blocking the roads.

Kings Cross to York return on a train that takes 2 hours = Cheapest I found £29 today was per person and it takes just under 2 hours. The train for us to go to Kings Cross is free as we have the pass and it only takes 30 minutes from home door to door.

My car was filled up during the week just over half a tank costs £66, So a return to Leeds is going to cost around £170 to drive + parking at hotel which is £20 per day = £40. The cost of petrol has soared and the pumps down in London where there is petrol are charging on average £1.45p per litre.

I wont make a decision today but really have to consider the options and that is my thinking on this at this very moment and I believe the hotel is not far from the station.

Comment

Originally posted by shell View Post
          I'm up for that Bill.
          Just hope that 'what goes round, comes round', lol!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hey guys

Sorry but due to Mum going on her holidays (only skeggy but its time away for her) I have no sprog sitters! and you wouldnt want my 3 charging round!! no trust me.. you wouldnt!!

Thanks for the offer but, maybe next time

Comment

Just a couple of points Tutts

• I think you'll find that the £29 is one way--return around £67-£76--(slightly cheaper if you use the East Coast Trains web site
              • IF you were thinking of other trips in next 12 months-a railcard at £28 gets you 33% off -so worth considering
              • Re car--don't go via Leeds-see post 178 for directions--round trip 400 miles from your area
              • When I did my sums last 2 Meets--it was no contest--"Let the train take the Strain"--lol--but with these "Advance Fares"-be careful -they gradually increase the nearer the date

Yep--railway stn only a 5 min taxi ride---but I'll have my car there btw so can pick you up

Turbs

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              I have just looked at train costs as with the pending oil tankers strike all the garages now round here are mostly closed was on the news last night and are out of petrol. It maybe safer and indeed cheaper to go by train. Also, if the strike gets hold whilst I may have petrol to get there I may not be able to get petrol coming back.

Coming back from the hospitpal Thursday night about 8pm when the roads are normally fairly quiet it was hustle and bustle like rush hour as many cars were out in search of petrol and all the petrol stations we passed had huge queues blocking the roads.

Kings Cross to York return on a train that takes 2 hours = Cheapest I found £29 today was per person and it takes just under 2 hours. The train for us to go to Kings Cross is free as we have the pass and it only takes 30 minutes from home door to door.

My car was filled up during the week just over half a tank costs £66, So a return to Leeds is going to cost around £170 to drive + parking at hotel which is £20 per day = £40. The cost of petrol has soared and the pumps down in London where there is petrol are charging on average £1.45p per litre.

I wont make a decision today but really have to consider the options and that is my thinking on this at this very moment and I believe the hotel is not far from the station.
              Last edited by Turboman; 31st March 2012, 11:04:AM.

Comment

Been to York today to check out what the pubs are like at around 5:00 on a Saturday

New attraction "Chocolate Yorkssweettstory" opened at £10--couldn't see inside though & no photos outside

Some nice Hawks guarding Coppergate Centre outside Jorvik Centre

A new attraction opened just 2 doors from Jorvik Centre---"Appyfeet"-- £10

Lots of Garra Rufa fish (no teeth) nibbling away at the dry skin on your feet.

A bunch of teenage American girls there--all screaming endlessly--so so funny.

Last edited by Turboman; 1st April 2012, 10:36:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Note the way the fish instantly latch onto the girl's feet with the blue toenails--lol

Comment

Not a chance am I sticking my plates in a bucket of fish.

Comment

Stop Press

SpringerSpaniel coming for Saturday

Fantastic---so so pleased Springer---and I'm sure others too
                      Last edited by Turboman; 1st April 2012, 22:33:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Good to see Springer coming on Saturday !!!

Regarding Pawnbrokers - He emailed me back in February to confirm he'd booked a room in York for himself and partner. I emailed him about 4 days ago to ask if he's still coming, but so far no reply.

I need to say this, if I may. Tuttsi has mentioned that there are several members coming to York on their own - or coming to a forum 'meet' for the first time. I just want to remind the 'freshers' that we have a very strict dress code for these occasions, and that there are certain protocols to be observed.

However, I have NO idea what these are, so I sure as hell won't be observing them myself !!! Come as you are, and "do as you darned well pleasee" - that's the name of the game. Let your hair down, and enjoy. I REALLY don't want to be the only @$$h01e...!!!

As for those on their own - or just plain 'Lost in York,' then we need to make sure you guys are looked after, too. Do give me, Tuttsi or Turbo a PM if you could do with a bit of help/reassurance/support/advice/general stuff. Nobody must feel alone - that's not the way LB works - is it, guys ? :tongue2:

Comment

That's really sweet Bill - I can't imagine why you would have a reputation for being grumpy lol :tinysmile_aha_t:

I was wondering how I would recognise any of you, apart from the photo's I have seen, should us 1st timers do the 'I'll be the one in the red coat with the rolled up newspaper thing' when we arrange to meet on the Friday? I won't have any internet access to this site from my phone, so does anyone know if there's an internet cafe or something close by in York? Just in case lol XX

Comment

He's an bald, Afro-Caribbean dwarf with one leg.

Ps - just in case, he'll be wearing a carnation!

(He'll kill me for this, pmsl!!)
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Don't worry Monz the sensible ones amonst us will be dressed demurely and behaving ourselves, then there's Chaz and Bill ............................ enough said.

Seriously though, we'll swap mobile numbers nearer the time. I'll be the one with the suntan as I'lll be flying in from Portugal for the meet.

Comment

Monz

A lot of us in here from post 341 onwards
                                Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Nattie (Leclerc) is in Amethyst's Legal Beagles Album-11th along
                                Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Celestine is singing here
                                To Make You Feel My Love by katesmith1900 in the style of Adele | SingSnap Karaoke

I did have one of Mrs James-lost it though

Turbs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X