• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
    Just a thought - York has sightseeing open topped buses that operate very regularly. I believe they are inexpensive. There are also horse and carriages for sightseeing, dont know how much they are.
    Yes---I've heard the open tops good--you hop on & off anywhere & rejoin when you've seen what you want to

Comment

Friday:
      4:30-6:30 Meet at pub A for introductions and aperitif(lol)-happy hour
      Then eat wherever you like
      8:00-ish--designate a pub where we all know we might see each other whilst doing our own thing walking round the quirky Minster Quarter and finishing at the pub for a nightcap

Saturday

10:00 Group Jorvik Centre Visit for those interested
      or whatever you all want to do individually or in small groups
      12:00-Lunch at Pub B
      1:00-2:00ish Group York Dungeon
      or whatever you all want to do individually or in small groups
      2:00-4:30 Tea at Betty's (I hope Oporto & Tutts will co-ordinate that one so please register yourself if intersted)
      5:30 to whenever--private room at Stonegate Yard in Little Stonegate for socializing,Quiz and drinks--menu is on website btw
      Those that want to stay up-move to Kennedy's across the road for DJ & Dancing--or move to Roman Baths for just live music (or White Swan)
      Sunday

Castle Museum if interested
      10:00 or 11:00 Coffee at pub C and farewells
      That all sounds pretty good to me, I probably won't do tea at Betty's though. The rest I'm up for though!

Really looking forward to meeting you Monzter xx

Thanks Cel, I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone too XX

Comment

Right--in York tomorrow from 11:00 to 2:30 to check out a few more pubs and things, arrange the Karioke etc --dirty work but some has to do it-lol--(haven't had alcohol for 10 days though btw since the "lurgey")

If anybody
        • either wants to meet up with me.
        • or needs me to check anything out for them-.
        • -just sing up

When we have that private room-anybody got any interesting things to amuse the group?-lol

Turbs

Comment

Just a suggestion but instead of a private room which can cost a few bob, how about finding a friendly publican who is willing to cordon off an area of the bar just for us, that way we get the atmosphere of the pub, have a bar nearby and the pub gains from our spends and of course our sparkling wit, charm and personalities.

Comment

Good idea Sapphy---I had one like that at Yates Wine Bar-but its manic on a Saturday night-as are most pubs of course---I'll take that on board and see if we can get cordoned at Stonegate Yard too

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            Just a suggestion but instead of a private room which can cost a few bob, how about finding a friendly publican who is willing to cordon off an area of the bar just for us, that way we get the atmosphere of the pub, have a bar nearby and the pub gains from our spends and of course our sparkling wit, charm and personalities.

Comment

Well another fine day in York

Took your advice Sapphy--re cordoning off a bit of the pub as against a private room

Still Stonegate Yard---will cordon off an area for 20+ just near the bar from 5:00 May 5th--all booked---

Also--moved Friday 5:00+ Introductions to Three Tuns (near Jorvik Centre ) ---a typical English pub where they will also cordon off an area--

Sunday Coffee probably in pub next to Hilton-Photo later

Sooooooooo---I got all those decisions made---
              Last edited by Turboman; 6th March 2012, 18:05:PM.

Comment

Excellent, much more appealing to the masses I do think, I think all the attendees owe you a big thank you Turbo for all your efforts with organising this meet.

Comment

Definitely be buying you a beer Turbs

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
                    Definitely be buying you a beer Turbs
                    Don't say things like that, he's a lush, can't control himself where beer is concerned and will end up on the table stripping off and singing 'I am the Music Man'.

Comment

Excellent, much more appealing to the masses I do think, I think all the attendees owe you a big thank you Turbo for all your efforts with organising this meet.
                      Seconded xxx

eace:eace:eace:
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Don't say things like that, he's a lush, can't control himself where beer is concerned and will end up on the table stripping off and singing 'I am the Music Man'.
                        LOL

I was looking forward to that............

Don't worry though I am rather adept ant embarrassing myself when 'under the influence' which mainly constitutes falling from chairs, tripping over non existent trip hazards and talking fluently in complete b******s Will I fit in? x

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
                          LOL

I was looking forward to that............

Don't worry though I am rather adept ant embarrassing myself when 'under the influence' which mainly constitutes falling from chairs, tripping over non existent trip hazards and talking fluently in complete b******s Will I fit in? x
                          Totally msl:

Comment

Totally msl:
                            Seconded!!!

eace:eace:eace:
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Few more photos I took whilst walking down Stonegate (btw Stonegate Yard Pub about 5 mins from Bettys (Main Bettys in Helens Square)

Had lunch at Ye Olde Star Inn-often do-never had a bad 'un there-Steak and Ale Pie (Premium) £7.95

Tutts-after your phone call to me & Mo--there is now a slight possibility of us coming to Bettys (unless I can sneak off for a Guiness with Les--lol)--

omg--China Cups & Fairy Cakes--my macho image at the rugby club will be in tatters if they find out :rofl:

No need to book till 3 weeks away btw--I'll ask Pawnbroker & Julie too --if I can get him on line

Comment

Turbs you and Mo have always been most welcome as is everyone else who is definately coming. I believe the tea is £25.50 per head. I would like to book a table ASAP as I believe Oporto has already booked a table for him, Cyn, Bill and Maxie.

I know that Sapphy and o/h will come if they are available and if not going to a business meeting.

I know the Cel expressed on an earlier post that she would like to come - I think train gets in at 2ish so was thinking of booking a table at 3pm on Saturday afternoon to give you a chance to get to your hotel hun and then come and join us.

I will ask Jax if she wants to join us for tea as well.

and really folks everyone is very is extremely welcome to join us, please just let me know ASAP as contray to Turbs saying we can book 3 weeks before I want to ensure we have a reservation to cope with our numbers especially as we will have a big table.

Bettys tea place has come very highly recomended from Oporto's family who went there recently and gave great reviews.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X