• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Sounds like you have a nice group of you going!

I'm too afraid to make any promises, but would love to meet you all at some point.

Xx

Comment

Ok my turn now.....

We will travel up sometime during the day on the Friday and will probably bump into most of you in a bar later that day.
      Not so sure what we will be doing on the Saturday, as I said before we have an old business acquantance near to York and we are trying to organise a lunch meeting with them, if not then we'll hopefully join Tuttsi & Cel for afternoon tea and cakes at Betty's.
      Basically we'll just be having a nice wander about and will bump into you all sometimes later, as we've been to York before and have done most of the touristy stuff.

Comment

Good news for all chocolate lovers, York's newest visitor attraction opens 31st March!!

Chocolate: York's Sweet Story | Opens Spring 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Main man View Post
          Good news for all chocolate lovers, York's newest visitor attraction opens 31st March!!

Chocolate: York's Sweet Story | Opens Spring 2012
          Cheers Main Man, thats my diet buggered up for the weekend msl:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Where have you booked PB?

Just heard from PB--He's in Bootham Crescent same as Nattie & Monz & 500 yds from Shell

Comment

Nice one, the more the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                Cheers Main Man, thats my diet buggered up for the weekend msl:
                NP, matey. Do the City Wall walk and burn off the calories. Then do York Minster and pray - VERY HARD !!!

Just heard from PB--He's in Bootham Crescent same as Nattie & Monz & 500 yds from Shell
                AAAAAAAAAARGH !!!!!!!! He's coming ? !!!!!:bolt:

Comment

Okies peeps, here's the deal with our travel arrangements, we're going with my BIL to his apartment in Portugal on the 29th April and guess what we come back on the 4th.
                  We land at around 12.45 pm in Southend, yes, yes Easy Jet are now flying from Southend lol, we'll then get straight in the car and drive up to York, so should arrive sometime during early evening.

Comment

Hello Guys,

Aaaargh what a crappy few weeks, sick animals, stupid people and a child with a broken collar bone lol.

But -

I am so looking forward to May, I am saving myself for a weekend of fun and alcohol lol

I will probably arrive around 3pm in York on the Friday and then check into my B and B, get sorted and that, then I'm up for meeting whoever is about for food and then drinks if that's on the agenda.

4 questions re attractions that can be pre-booked (ie Jorvik Centre can have 1.5 hr quues for instance)

Are you interested in the Floodlit Night River cruise at 9:15 (£9.50 (8.50))? Yeah, I'm up for that!

Are you interested in pre-booking Jorvik Centre? Yes

Are you interested in pre-booking Castle Museum? Yes

Are you interested in pre-booking York Dungeons? Yes

However this may be my limit financially to do but I'm happy to do other stuff too if it doesn't cost too much

Comment

Really looking forward to meeting you Monzter xx :tinysmile_grin_t:
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Right --time to post a "first draft itinary"

Throughout the thread lots of people have posted various attractions within the City walls--and we aint all going to be attracted to the same thing

I have now decided against the River Cruise as it was always going to break up the Sat Evening (9:15 Cruise) and we might lose our places in the pub--perhaps an afternoon one or friday at 9:15?

There are lots of free things to do--like Railway Museum, Walls walks (if fit), and above all else-wandering round the lovely streets in the Minster Quarter-the mauve ones on your maps in the York Guide

Soooo

here's a suggestion

Friday:
                        • 4:30-6:30 Meet at pub A for introductions and aperitif(lol)-happy hour
                        • Then eat wherever you like
                        • 8:00-ish--designate a pub where we all know we might see each other whilst doing our own thing walking round the quirky Minster Quarter and finishing at the pub for a nightcap

Saturday

• 10:00 Group Jorvik Centre Visit for those interested
                        • or whatever you all want to do individually or in small groups
                        • 12:00-Lunch at Pub B
                        • 1:00-2:00ish Group York Dungeon
                        • or whatever you all want to do individually or in small groups
                        • 2:00-4:30 Tea at Betty's (I hope Oporto & Tutts will co-ordinate that one so please register yourself if intersted)
                        • 5:30 to whenever--private room at Stonegate Yard in Little Stonegate for socializing,Quiz and drinks--menu is on website btw
                        • Those that want to stay up-move to Kennedy's across the road for DJ & Dancing--or move to Roman Baths for just live music (or White Swan)

Sunday

Castle Museum if interested
                        10:00 or 11:00 Coffee at pub C and farewells

I would appreciate your comments ----also there is the Chocalate Factory or Walk or Exibition--I myself a bit confused which is which btw
                        Last edited by Turboman; 5th March 2012, 16:53:PM. Reason: Info re Boat trip amended

Comment

Excellent job, Turbo.

I need to check with Shell if the car-share is still on, and what time we'll be there in the BarbieMobile. All being well, I'll be with Oporto, CYN and Maxie for some or all of the time, so I'll see if they have any particular plans or wishes. Point taken about the river cruise - I did fancy that originally, but perhaps not, after all !!! As usual, I'll be on a tight budget, so the pricier stuff might be off-limits for me. The freebies like the Railway Museum and the City Wall I'm certainly up for, and I'd enjoy just seeing the city.

I believe I may be at Betty's after all, but I need to check that with Oporto. Do we need to book a block of tables in advance ?
                          Last edited by Bill-K; 3rd March 2012, 14:29:PM.

Comment

Bill---you can spend hours walking round quirky York---i am only just appreciating it after all these years----I think people in london told me they haven't done all the London things too---so just the same---I'd love to do the complete walls walk of 2.5 miles--but Achiles no good(Tutts too btw)

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            Excellent job, Turbo.

All being well, I'll be with Oporto, CYN and Maxie for some or all of the time, so I'll see if they have any particular plans or wishes. Point taken about the river cruise - I did fancy that originally, but perhaps not, after all !!! As usual, I'll be on a tight budget, so the pricier stuff might be off-limits for me. The freebies like the Railway Museum and the City Wall I'm certainly up for, and I'd enjoy just seeing the city.

I believe I may be at Betty's after all, but I need to check that with Oporto. Do we need to book a block of tables in advance ?

Comment

Thanks Turbo that sounds like a plan and thankyou for posting up the ittinery so far. If everyone can say what there preferences are that would be good and anyone wanting to join us for tea please advise.

We as you know are planning 'Bettys for afternoon Tea on Saturday. Will probably book table for 3pm as Cel will not arrive until 2ish. I am just waiting for Eun and Jax to let me know their plans so I can include them as well and also understand that Oporto is also booking a table for Cyn, Bill and Maxie, I have asked him if he wants separate table of a large table and as waiting to here back from him.

Ok Stonegate is that near the Hilton?
                              How much is the room costs to reserve and will we all need to contribute?

Good idea is to put a link to Stonegate up for peeps.

We will also have to swap mobile numbers with everyone so that we can find and keep in touch with everyone. A good idea would be for everyone to let you have their mobile contact numbers and then you can distribute them to everyone that is going.

For clarification Mr T and I have booked DBB at the Hilton so we will be returning late afternoon early evening to the hotel to eat but will find you lot wherever you all are.

Comment

Just a thought - York has sightseeing open topped buses that operate very regularly. I believe they are inexpensive. There are also horse and carriages for sightseeing, dont know how much they are.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X