• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

I wish I was going, the list look to contain some sophisticated folk. I've been on a couple of these get togethers but the wrong uns were there and all sorts went off or so I've been led to believe. I was always too drunk to remember myself. Have a great time and take lots of pictures, so you can name and shame everybody.
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Oi Liam you cheeky git, wrong 'uns indeed msl:

Comment

Hi All,

I'm soo sorry I've not been in touch or on site for a while but not many days after we first talked on here about the meet I came down with Pneumonia real bad and ended up in A&E As I couldn't breath.. I had the infection deep down in my lung aswell as it being compacted around my heart/Low blood pressure and an abnormal ECG result and am still getting over it now, just need to have another chest Xray done in two weeks time to confirm whether the infection has now cleared or not.. I'm feeling much better now than I did so definitely on the mend..

Then, last Tuesday (24th January) My daughter gave birth to my 2nd Grandaughter at MY house (Homebirth) but it was not entirely planned to be that way but it was a very beautiful experience for all involved nevertheless.. They have since been staying with me for a while so I can help out as her other daughter is still only 20 months old and she just needed good ol Mum on hand for a bit..

Soo, Please accept my sincere apologies for my absence, especially to Turbo/Tuttsi/Oporto and Bill.. I will over the next few days try and be around a bit more and Tuttsi, if it's ok with you hun, I will pm you my mobile and landline numbers in order to discuss the journey if that is still ok with you my luv.?

Oporto, I'll give you a call in the next few days hun.. ok.. Hope your as well as can be expected hun..? xx

Love to you all..

Maxie.xxx

Comment

It's good to see you back, matey, and I'm glad you're getting over that pneumonia now. Also, further congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter - which was a story in itself, I believe !!!

Comment

Thats great Maxie--nice to hear from you--get well--ready for the ride on The Eye-lol

Turbs xx
            Last edited by Turboman; 2nd February 2012, 10:26:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You won't get me on The Eye" Turbs--don't like heights
              Last edited by Sapphire; 2nd February 2012, 11:42:AM. Reason: As per Turboman

Comment

.....or a trip down the scary York Dungeons-lol
                Last edited by Turboman; 2nd February 2012, 10:26:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Have amended post 165 re getting literature--Link for leaflets no good as minimum qty is 25--ie its a distributor to "organisations"-not individuals

But requesting the Visitors Guide link perfect

Comment

Have given a shout to a few people who MIGHT be able to pop up to York but might not have been on the forum for a while. Have sent messages to Fendyweather, PJ, Paule and a nudge to Amethyst as they are oooop north. We will see if they can pop along to the partay
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Have given a shout to a few people who MIGHT be able to pop up to York but might not have been on the forum for a while. Have sent messages to Fendyweather, PJ, Paule and a nudge to Amethyst as they are oooop north. We will see if they can pop along to the partay
                      Hello strangers, not been about for a while, hope everyone is well

I hope to come along, but just looking at hotels at the moment and trying to suss out where everyone is staying. Dont want to be stuck miles away.

Paule

Comment

Updated List

Definite (Booked)

Bill-k
                        Maxie Girl
                        Turbo & Mrs Turbo
                        Sapphire & Mr Sapphire
                        Tuttsi & Mr Tuttsi
                        Mrs James & Mr James
                        Jax
                        Celestine
                        Cynthesis
                        Shell
                        Montzer
                        Leclerc
                        Pawnbrokers & Julie

Possibles.............

Exc
                        Amethyst & Tools
                        Teaboy
                        SpringerSpaniel
                        Charitynjw
                        Paule
                        Fendyweather
                        Last edited by Sapphire; 8th March 2012, 19:45:PM.

Comment

Hi Paule

It would be great if you could join us.

There are 9 of us staying at the Hilton, one at Hotel 53 so far, 3 in different guest houses fairly close and the rest live nearby. We will all be meeting somewhere central and the Hilton is close to everything.

The guest houses are quite reasonable and I also belive that there is a Travel Lodge as well.

Please let us know when you have booked your accomadation so we can move you up to the confirmed list.

Originally posted by Paule View Post
                          Hello strangers, not been about for a while, hope everyone is well

I hope to come along, but just looking at hotels at the moment and trying to suss out where everyone is staying. Dont want to be stuck miles away.

Paule

Comment

Just a few tips redirections

We need to attack York from the A1 if from south or west of the country

From West-M62 then up A1 North

From South--don't use A1 as slow with dual carriageways and lorries in both---always use M1

To get to A1 from M1 for from London etc..

Don't get directed to Leeds---but at appropiate junction 32 -turn onto M18 towards "The North/Doncaster/Hull" then after 8 miles turn onto A1 North:

Then come off A1 towards York at A64 junction

There is an outer ring around York and an inner ring--just make sure you dont go round the outer ring for ever-but head for York Centre instead-either entering the inner ring via A64,A19 or A1079

Once in the inner ring-signs for Clifford's Tower

However-if time--go round the inner ring in anti-clockwise direction to see the awesome scale of the city walls (See "City Centre Map" in the guide (see post 1))

You will pass Micklegate Bar where, after the Battle of Towton in 1461, Edward 1V entered York after the battle to find the heads of his father,brother and other prominent Yorkists displayed there and around the city walls.

AboutMicklegate Bar

Last edited by Turboman; 11th February 2012, 22:33:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                              Just a few tips redirections

We need to attack York from the A1 if from south or west of the country

From West-M62 then up A1 North

From South--don't use A1 as slow with dual carriageways and lorries in both---always use M1

To get to A1 from M1 for from London etc..

Don't get directed to Leeds---but at appropiate junction 32 -turn onto M18 towards "The North/Doncaster/Hull" then after 8 miles turn onto A1 North:

Then come off A1 towards York at A64 junction

There is an outer ring around York and an inner ring--just make sure you dont go round the outer ring for ever-but head for York Centre instead-either entering the inner ring via A64,A19 or A1079

Once in the inner ring-signs for Clifford's Tower

However-if time--go round the inner ring in anti-clockwise direction to see the awesome scale of the city walls (See "City Centre Map" in the guide (see post 1))

You will pass Micklegate Bar where, after the Battle of Towton in 1461, Edward 1V entered York after the battle to find the heads of his father,brother and other prominent Yorkists displayed there and around the city walls.

Thank you so much for this, Turbs.

Mr J however has said whilst he has his own built in 'Sat NAG' (Ermm, that would be me then! ) He'll print this off for clarification

Comment

Just an update on where I am re deciding locations for us to meet

A stroke of luck this week--a newbus servive from my village to York Xpress in 59 mins (faster than car+P&R)

So will go to York every week -for free-lol

I have visited the place recc. by the couple in M & S --
                                Welcome to Stonegate Yard
                                very impressed-def a mtg place in courtyard re Friday (happy hour too)

and also got 3 more shortlisted around Stonegate area/Petergate as suggested by Main Man

I have asked around and that is the area we will go to

Soooo---discount post 160 re Yates Wine Bar (lots of recc. to avoid it and the bars on riverfront on a Saturday)

Yates Wine Bar full of prams at lunchtime and at evening full of young 'uns really loud with hen nights dancing on tables-lol

If Mrs Turbo says anymore "I told you it would be like that"---I'll scream-lol
                                Last edited by Turboman; 11th February 2012, 23:15:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X