• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    Got more photos for you tomorrow + discussion re meet locations so far---both + and -

Went to information centre---they will send you stuff---please e-Mail to them as below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit York
    1 Museum Street
    York
    YO1 7DT

admin@visityork.org
    www.visityork.org

Your address here

28th January 2012

Legal Beagles Meet-Spring-May 4th/5th/6th 2012--YORK -------- LB's 5th Birthday!!
    Dear Sir/Madam

Our organisation will be visiting the beautiful city of York on May 4th/5th/6th 2012 and I would like to request a bundle of tourist information ----as discussed by our Meet Representative with you on Jan 27th around 2:30pm.

I am advised to request the full
    Legal Beagles Bundle as below:

• · A4 Visitor Guide 2012
    • · Mini Guide 2011/2012

Plus a selection of leaflets that would be useful to a visitor with no knowledge of York---these to include (if any available):

• · Yorvik Viking cente
    • · Yorvik Dig
    • · Micklegate Bar
    • · National Railway Museum
    • · Ghost Trails ( 3 different ones)
    • · York Dungeon
    • · The City walls
    • · The Castle Museum
    • · Shambles & Tea Rooms (if any available)
    • · York Minster
    • · York City Sightseeing by bus
    • · Yorkshire Museum
    • · York Boat & Evening Cruises
    • · Sweethistoryofyork
    • · York Eye
    • · York Brewery
    • · York Horror Tour
    • · YorkVikingWalk
    • · Barley Hall

Thanks in anticipation

Yours sincerely

YOUR NAME

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will then kick it about during the whole of February until we got an idea of people's preferences-----obviously we all ain't going to the same attractions-but there will be commonality amongst some

I see my job as to

• get the info to you with my helper Monz
    • co-ordinate the feedback
    • arrange the common meeting places and the times of common meeting places

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway---I got drenched in a torrential downpour at information centre ---Mo in M&S dry as a bone

(btw M&S ginormous with 4 large floors plus a further Home M&S opposite Jorvik Centre)

Soooooo--top floor M&S - everyone sympathetic to my soaking and we got talking to a couple who live near the walls

The say---Ghost Walks a rip-off ----reccommend the 9:15 evening boat cruise---floodlit with bar and music

I've crossed the pub attached to the Hilton off the list (J D Bean)---smelly,empty and layout not conducicive to socializing--

My Short list currently is
    • Three Tuns-meals around £8:00-had Thai Curry today
    • Yates Wine Bar (overlooking river)
    • Wetherspoons (500 yds from Hilton-opposite Cel's hotel)
    • Stonegate Yard-recc by the couple-not been in--any views Main Man?

Had a drink in Hilton--pint of Murphy's £3.70----125 ml chardonnay £7 or £30 a bottle !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics attached of Visitors Guide and inside of Three Tuns

[ATTACH]5938[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5939[/ATTACH]

Never been to the Stonegate Yard one! but I know there are many nice bars/wine bars within Stonegate area. The Sweet/Chocolate Story is a new visitor attraction and due to open Spring this year, no firm date has been set for the opening as yet Chocolate: York's Sweet Story | Opens Spring 2012

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      ...I'm trying something called the GI Diet...
      I'll be there, soldier. You just be on parade when required.
      Message ends.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
        Ok I've booked.

We've been to York before and have done the Yorvik centre trip its well worth going to and so very interesting, we're not that bothered about going again though, so what we are planning on doing is arranging (hopefully) to meet our ex business partners for a spot of lunch and catchup/chew/thrash out a few things that have needed to be addressed for the last few years, god knows if they will agree to meet as there is a small matter of a few thousand quid owed to us (long story, don't ask).
        Anyways looking forward to seeing you all there.
        And yes Celestine I do still have my 'Off the leash and on the lash' T-Shirt msl:
        Bit like claiming PPI then Sapphy---but face-to-facemsl:

That wedding still a possible on that weekend-or not?

Comment

Updated List

Definite (Booked)

Bill-k
          Maxie Girl
          Turbo & Mrs Turbo
          Sapphire & Mr Sapphire
          Tuttsi & Mr Tuttsi
          Mrs James & Mr James
          Jax
          Celestine
          Cynthesis
          Oporto + son
          Shell
          Montzer
          Leclerc

Possibles

Exc
          Amethyst & Tools
          Teaboy
          Mrs Bill-k
          SpringerSpaniel
          Charitynjw
          Pawnbrokers & Partner

ps---Admin--would it be a good idea to put this at bottom of post 1 and you update it whenever---so we don't keep having to repost it?

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
            Bit like claiming PPI then Sapphy---but face-to-facemsl:

That wedding still a possible on that weekend-or not?
            Absolutely except this time I'm near enough to slap the buggers lol.
            Nephew and his intended have now confirmed the date as 5th jan 2013, he's a copper in Hampshire and she's a trolley dolly on virgin and believe it or not that was the best date they could get, with the venue they want also.

All that needs doing now is organising a sitter for bailey and we are sorted, mind you hotel is dog friendly so if push comes to shove we could bring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
              I'll be there, soldier. You just be on parade when required.
              Message ends.

Hey Grumpy----good joke re GI diet

But you missed this one from Oporto-pmsl

(2)--York's world famous railway museum. housing the renowned steam trains--the flying scotsman,--the mallard and many more. There's also the K type small steam trains known as the puffing Billy's-K.

Comment

LOL - I read Oporto's post, but missed that little gem !!!

Wouldn't mind visiting that museum, actually.

Comment

With regards to Turbo's proposed meet at the M&S in parliament st--Well behind M&S is an open market and a cafe-- their speciality is GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS served with onion gravey--£1.50.

Sorry CEL,TUTTSI, PAWNBROKER and BILL_K---I can't find an outlet that sells jellied eels.

Comment

Oh blimey, I didn't think about that.

Foreign food! :heh: :bolt:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks Oporto, but I do not like jellied eels, though Sapphy I am sure does. But I lurve Yorkshire puddings (Aunt Bessies).

Originally posted by Oporto View Post
                      With regards to Turbo's proposed meet at the M&S in parliament st--Well behind M&S is an open market and a cafe-- their speciality is GIANT YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS served with onion gravey--£1.50.

Sorry CEL,TUTTSI, PAWNBROKER and BILL_K---I can't find an outlet that sells jellied eels.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Oh blimey, I didn't think about that.

Foreign food! :heh: :bolt:
                        I agree Charity'--(SIR) jellied eels are classed as a foreign delicacy in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Oporto View Post
                          I agree Charity'--(SIR) jellied eels are classed as a foreign delicacy in this area.
                          Sir?

Now you want me to get knighted!*

*(Summat like that, pmsl)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Any of you guys travelling up to York by car able to make a stop off and pick up and extra passenger via Cambridge? I can throw some petrol money in or talk excessive ******** to you all the way there?
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Here's a few more pics from the other day

This is just left of M & S
                              Go thro market to the Shamles Area (Oldie Worldy)
                              + Oportos Yorkshire Pudding reccomendation

Next 2 are the famous Betty's Tea Rooms
                              I think I know who'll be going there
                              Note-the queue even in January

Bettys York | Bettys Online

Comment

Sorry, we already have a full car, picking up Jax locally to us and Maxie enroute on M1.

If Exc is coming ask him if he is coming via Cambridge and if he would be able to pick you up?

Not sure who else is coming past your way as I think everyone else might be taking the train or live local to York.

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Any of you guys travelling up to York by car able to make a stop off and pick up and extra passenger via Cambridge? I can throw some petrol money in or talk excessive ******** to you all the way there?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X