• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natural swimming pool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural swimming pool

Hi all
    Spent most of yesterday trying to find a leak in my garden that's created a swimming pool or a very large bird bath (or Hippo bath )
    Finally covered in mud and my garden looking like a mud plain I rang the water company who previously refused to have anything to do with it because its on my property.
    I pointed out the watertight scheme(only found out about this in the small print by accident) before she had chance to go into her speech on not repairing oh yes winner 12 we will send someone out to inspect and will fix the leak within 15 days
    can we have your permission to dig up your garden its a messy job but we should be able to pin point the leak when our inspector calls
    Looking at how much mess 1 person can make in turning 1 large swimming pool into 8 small ones I'm leaving it to the professionals if only because my landscaping skills leave alot to be desired
    Tags: None

Re: Natural swimming pool

You should look at your home insurance see if it covers the damage done to your garden, if so they will cover the costs of the damage (and repair) and you or the insurance company can reclaim to costs of it from the water company, after all they are the ones whos pipe leaked, which only usually occurs due to poor maintence.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi Teaboy

Thanks but I did think that the pipes on your property were your responsibility so would not be covered by insurance

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
        Hi Teaboy

Thanks but I did think that the pipes on your property were your responsibility so would not be covered by insurance
        Your furniture and house is on your property too and your responsible for them too, buts thats all covered, so why wouldn't the pipes be? So Its worth calling the insurance company to ask.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I agree with teaboy. The worst that can happen is they say no, but if you don't ask.......

Comment

I love swimming in the pool

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X