• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile phone renewal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile phone renewal

I am a dumbass but if I get a data bundle that is for say 100mb per month, should that be sufficient simply to check on the BBC website for footie results and news?
    Gotta say I am crap with mobiles so I just need HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

Apologies but I am just dopey with regards to mobile phones :o
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Mobile phone renewal

It's a tad subjective, but probably yes, if that is literally all you want it for.

However, once you have data usage included on your mobile bill, you'll use it more than you think you will and 100mb then becomes not very much at all.

Comment

is 500 mb better?

Comment

500mb will allow you to download about 5000 normal pages (text only) or about 1500 rich pages (with multimedia such as the BBC) if that helps.

Comment

If you get an Iphone or something similar which you can download apps on, you could download the Sky Sports Centre or Betscores, both of which are free to install and easier to navigate than the BBC one. Then you can set the live scores as your homepage on teh app and as soon as you open it it will update.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            is 500 mb better?
            Well yes, it is. What phone are you thinking about getting because as Wendy says you can download apps with an iPhone, which would be better in the long run.

Comment

If you wait till I get my upgrade in October you can buy my Iphone 3
              Is no longer here

Comment

There are many other very good smart phones as well. It is worth your while looking at them to see which suits you best if that is the route you choose to take. You may not need a smart phone, depends entirely what you want to use it for.

All three of us upgraded a fortnight ago and each of us came out with a different phone and different package. My daughter wanted millions of texts, I wanted internet on the move and loads of phone minutes and my wife wanted a pretty phone that she good use with not the best eyesight, again with minutes on, but wanted to use it extensively as a music player too.

Comment

I have yet to find one which makes a decent cup of tea, though!
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

why do most mobile phone tarriffs have more texts than unlimited calls? I like to talk mostly rather than text someone the weather, so to speak?

Not iphone btw.

Comment

How much do you talk - ie - how many minutes would you like each month? Approx budget per month?

Comment

Caspar, I want 900 a month and not too bothered about the texts, I want o2 network and I want to pay as little as possible for it, lol!! Internet on phone would be good but not essential albeit footie season is only 7 weeks away(not that I'm counting )

Comment

If you are already on O2 then ask them about a loyalty discount, if you've been with them for some time. I have it and it's £7 per month. Have you tried calling O2 telling them what you want and see what they suggest? I've always found them to be very helpful.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks wendy, will do that I think at the end of the month cos I was looking at doing this online and to be honest, it's a minefield of mix and match rather than simply being able to use voice recognition and saying I want x y and z, what's the best price you can do?

Comment

If you have a handset you're happy with, the cheapest way I can find to do it is with a sim only deal. The longer you commit the cheaper it is (30 day rolling contract £26, 12 month contract £20.50 for 900 minutes). You can then choose whether or not you want to add a data allowance on top of that.

The first link gives an overview, the second link gives more details.

Compare SIM Only Contracts: Best SIM Only Deals | Pay Monthly SIM Only

O2 Simplicity SIM Only | O2 SIM Only Deals O2 SIM Card Only 30 Day Contracts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X