• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urban Myths: the good the bad and the ugly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Myths: the good the bad and the ugly

THe best urban myth I have heard so far is that if you key in your pin number at an atm the wrong way round, ie 1234 becomes 4321 that the police are instantly alerted that you are in danger somehow. Total and utter nonsense

Re: Urban Myths: the good the bad and the ugly

My Grandad always told me that if the cows are lying down then it's going to rain......... He wouldn't lie to me, but no-one else beleives me.

Comment

i remember my mother saying the same thing and i still look at the cows and what they are doing to see what the weather will be like, cannot trust the weathermen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
        i remember my mother saying the same thing and i still look at the cows and what they are doing to see what the weather will be like, cannot trust the weathermen!!
        Lmao did anyone see that prog about the big storm the other night?
        Brill piece of telly by ITV :okay:

Comment

Originally posted by callumsgran View Post
          Lmao did anyone see that prog about the big storm the other night?
          Brill piece of telly by ITV :okay:
          Yes I saw that, it was excellent.

However, I don't remember anything about the actual storm, I managed to sleep through the whole thing.

Comment

I live on the south coast, the storm affected my neck of the woods really badly, but I only woke up once in the night because of the noise. I only knew about it the next morning when my Mum phoned me from Devon to check we were ok, cos she had heard about it on the news and seen the footage from my area!

Comment

When I was young, I think I recall someone once saying something about that if you do something, it will make you go blind.

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I know I stopped eating carrots!

Comment

Oh...yeah...here's one....

If you've got chapped/sore hands or feet/blisters etc,etc, you should pee on them to make them better

Has anyone tried and tested itmsl:

Comment

Choco you should've kept on eating the carrots (they HELP you to see) and should've stopped w*nking i take it you are now blind?!!! lolmsl:

Maxie, i do believe that farmers do this! :roll:

Comment

Butter on a bump on the head, think it stops concussion or suchlike.

Steak on a black eye (why doesn't it work on any other bruises or a bump on the head)

Spider webs on cuts.

Now you know why I was selected as an Appointed First Aid person at work!!

Comment

Butter a kittens paws so it will never stray

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
                        Butter a kittens paws so it will never stray
                        or walk on laminate flooring msl:msl:msl:

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          or walk on laminate flooring msl:msl:msl:
                          Your not kidding hun I have laminate and ceramic tiles throughout the downstairs and I now have the only cat that spends all day sleeping in the downstairs bathroom for a bit of comfort on the bathmattmsl:msl:msl: She has two new beds but won't use either

Comment

Its a complete waste of time buying a cat a bed, they always pick their own spot
                            Stubborn little buggers!
                            Have you noticed that in the argos catalogue in the pet bed section, all the kits look as if they have been forced there
                            A couple of years ago i was looking through it for one of those radiator beds for mine and nearly wet meself when i saw the cat scratching post, one poor kit looked like he had been launched at it and was hanging on for dear life!!!!:roll:

Comment

ROFL...Ive just checked the current catalogue and you are right! They've given up on chucking the cats at the beds or scratching posts, now they are all super imposed on using computer trickery!! :kitten::kitten::kitten:
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X