• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Favourite film/tv quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite film/tv quotes

Vinnie Jones
    The Sphinx
    GONE IN 60 SECONDS

If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened the rest of you as to the grim finish below the glossy veneer of criminal life and inspired you to change your ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility and a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate. You say poor Toby? I say poor us.

His only lines in the whole film:roll:

Comment

The final scene and final words of Blackadder goes forth must rate as some of the most funny but tear jerking moments on British TV.

George: So we are, in fact, going over. This is, as they say... it.

Blackadder: Yes. Unless I can think of something very quickly... [A call: "Company take one step forward!"]

Baldrick: [About the ladder] Ooh, that's a nasty splinter on that ladder, sir! A bloke could hurt himself on that! [Another call: "Fix bayonets!"]

Baldrick: I have a plan, sir.

Blackadder: Really, Baldrick. A cunning and subtle one?

Baldrick: Yes, sir.

Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Baldrick: Yes, sir. [Another call is heard: "On the signal, company will advance!"]

Blackadder: Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? [A whistle blows, and is joined by several others]

Blackadder: Good luck, everyone. [He blows his whistle; the men go over the top as shells burst all around them, obscuring the scene. The picture fades into a modern image of a former Somme battlefield - now peaceful, green and lush, but with the traces of shell holes still eerily discernible. The viewer is left to ponder the countless lives lost in the 'Great War'.]
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

That was one of the most sombre scenes i ever saw in a comedy series, it was a classic

Comment

George Bailey: Just a minute - just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was - why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry to school, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what's wrong with that? Why - here, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You - you said - what'd you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... Do you know how long it takes a working man to save five thousand dollars? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

George Bailey: Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!

Its a wonderful life.

Comment

arghhh i hate double posting...but lol

George Bailey: [yelling at Uncle Billy] Where's that money, you silly stupid old fool? Where's that money? Do you realize what this means? It means bankruptcy and scandal and prison. That's what it means. One of us is going to jail - well, it's not gonna be me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarence: Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a wonderful life

Comment

I watched that film yesterday Sol, and it made me cry yet again! lol

I love the line 'Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings'

Comment

Funnily enough so did i lol

Comment

Richard Richards - What was that film where they ate each other?
                  Eddie Hitler - Deep throat, wasnt it?!

---------------------------------------------------

(whilst camping)
                  Richard Richards - I think theres something outside!
                  Eddie Hitler - yeah, theres bound to be something outside, you cant expect the universe and its entirety to be confined within contents of a small canvas tent.
                  Richard Richards - Why Eddie, you`re very philosophical for this hour
                  Eddie Hitler - I`ve had a half a bottle of scotch, what did you expect?

Bottom
                  Last edited by Solowka; 1st January 2008, 21:34:PM.

Comment

this is a classic and made me literally pee meself laughing

Announcer: We are now interrupting this broadcast for an official government announcement. An enemy missile attack has been launched against this country. It is estimated that the missles will arrive in approximately three minutes. Three minutes.
                    Jim: God almighty, Ducks! There's only three minutes to go!
                    Hilda: Oh dear! I'll just get the washing in.
                    Jim: Come back you stupid bitch, and get in the shelter!

'When the wind blows'

Comment

From Futurama

Fry: "Hi!"

Bender: "Enough of your mindless chit chat, let's get goin!

Comment

'Frankly my dear I don't give a damm'

Rhett Butler - Gone with the Wind.

'So are the IRA in it too'

The Squire - The Quiet Man
                        Hilarious Film

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X