• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

the totally useless trivia thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the totally useless trivia thread

I found this one fascinating and mind blowing :-/

A star in the universe will go supernova on average 1 per second, thats 30bn a year, and to get an idea of the vastness of the universe a star in our solar system goes supernova once every 100 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Solowka View Post
      a star in our solar system goes supernova once every 100 years!

Oh Bugger
      Last edited by shamen; 30th December 2010, 21:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

A quick car one;

Did you know that your car is not tuned as fuel efficient as it can be - from the factory? Even with the figures they are shwoing you in adverts now, they *could* be higher with just one flash of the cars 'brain' (ECU). The 'Air Fuel Ratio' of an engine is designed to have a specific target under light cruise and idle - mainly due to emissions requirements in some countries. This ratio causes you to use more fuel in light cruise (A road, light motorway) or idle (traffic).

This can cost, at an educated guess, 10 to 15% more than running at true petrol AFR efficiency. T combat, the values are changed for ECU events during regular cruise or idle (eg, busy traffic, light motorway driving, A roads etc - increasingly the average road user) and then the savings in MPG become apparent.

I used to drive a car in california which got maybe 18mpg round town and 23 if I was lucky on the motorway. Ouch However after I changed the target AFR away from the 14.7 line towards peak Air/Fuel efficiency I got 21 mpg round town and 25 on the motorway

So, you use more fuel with modern driving conditions thanks to the emissions requirement, but are opposingly outputting more exhaust gas in order to do so. Genious!
        Last edited by shamen; 30th December 2010, 21:40:PM.
        Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

Seahorses are the only animals where the male of the species is the one that gives birth.

Comment

HITLER WOMAN is an anagram of MOTHER IN LAW

Comment

A couple more anagrams:

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE - I'll make a wise phrase

BREASTS - bra sets

DEBIT CARD - bad credit

A SHOPLIFTER - has to pilfer

DESPERATION - a rope ends it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X