• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'Get a job you scrounger!' Woman bus driver's rant at passenger on crutches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Get a job you scrounger!' Woman bus driver's rant at passenger on crutches

Last updated at 11:43 AM on 2nd December 2010

Rude: John Frier was shouted at by woman bus driver who also stuck a middle finger up at him

A bus driver who went on an extraordinary rant at a passenger with crutches for sitting in a disabled seat is facing the sack.

The woman driver told road accident victim John Frier: 'Oi you with the crutch you've got to move!' before adding: 'Get a job you scrounger!'
    She then gave him the middle-finger as he got off the bus.
    The driver has drawn comparisons with foul-mouthed grandmother 'Nan Taylor' who is played by the comedienne Catherine Tate.
    The woman, aged in her 40s, has been suspended by First Buses in Manchester after Mr Frier made an official complaint.
    She also ordered a woman pensioner to get out of her seat to make way for a mother with a pram.
    Mr Frier, from Oldham, Greater Manchester, said he was 'shocked and disgusted' by the woman's behaviour who stuck her middle finger up at him as he got off the bus.
    'Some people have been jokingly comparing her to Nan Taylor from the television and she was something of a battleaxe but it was no laughing matter for me,' he said.

'She was unbelievably rude and offensive and I cannot believe she make such distorted judgements about customers and humiliate them in this way.'

Mr Frier has struggled to walk unaided following a motorbike accident in June last year when he broke his leg, arm and dislocated a shoulder when a car pulled out a side road in front of him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz16z7axflM

Disgusting Behaviour hope she gets the sack and the job goes to someone more deserving.

Who started this oh yes Ian Duncan Smith and the press.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: 'Get a job you scrounger!' Woman bus driver's extraordinary rant at passenger on

Thats just awful.

Comment

Re: 'Get a job you scrounger!' Woman bus driver's extraordinary rant at passenger on

What has any of this got to do with Ian Duncan Smith?

Comment

Because it was he and the PM that started this fad of branding everyone not working as a scrounger and now everyone is jumping on the boat and using it.

I have no doubts there are people out there that do not want to work but using that term in a speech was totally wrong of them as there are many that will get branded as a scrounger even when they are not like the poor chap above.

sigpic

Comment

Re: 'Get a job you scrounger!' Woman bus driver's rant at passenger on crutches

Do you honestly believe that?

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10356401

http://harpymarx.wordpress.com/2010/...ng-scroungers/

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...fit-scroungers

Well it is what I have been reading, can all the papers and media be wrong?

sigpic

Comment

It does not take away the fact that it was this government that put it into peoples heads and then it gets twisted and people use it for there own aims.

sigpic

Comment

First of all, yes they can and they frequently are. The media has never met an argument it did not like.

To get to the point, why do you lay the blame for an angry bus driver at the foot of Ian Duncan Smith?

Comment

It's hate politics, different targets down the years but basically the same thing.

They came first for the Communists,
                  and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
                  and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
                  and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
                  and by that time no one was left to speak up.
                  Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Is it likely, even for a moment, that a bus driver in Manchester is a raving, right-wing Tory?

Comment

The media has never met an argument it did not like.

There is no argument the government has said it, I heard it on sky and as much as we like it or nor comments good or bad get repeated by the public.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Is it likely, even for a moment, that a bus driver in Manchester is a raving, right-wing Tory

What does that have to do with it, I am not a tory but have quoted from them many times if it fits the occasion
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      And furthermore whether the bus driver was tory, labour, libdem or any other party it did not give here a reason to assume the disabled man was a scrounger and on benefits.

It was none of her business.
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd December 2010, 22:42:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

I feel like I have meandered into the verbal equivalent of an Escher artwork.

Have you been drinking?

Comment

Wishful thinking I don't drink

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I don't think it's this Government that's put the idea into people's heads. A lot of people thought it all along, it's just that this Government has atually had the bottle to come out and say it.

I'm not disputing that there are many genuinely ill and disabled people who can't work. But they are far outnumbered by those who aren't genuinely ill or disabled and can work. Unfortunately it's the former who have given the latter the problem of being tarred with the same brush.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

The law of karma has its consequences. For good or ill.

The bus conductor's remarks are the result of her thinking. Her sacking is the consequence of her bad attitude.

Same applies to Governments as it does to individuals.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X