• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re-cycling !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-cycling !

I've been wondering what everyone does re the old re-cycling. For instance our local council supplies the following:

Pink sacks - for paper/cardboard/tins/milk cartons etc.

Green wheelie bin - for garden waste.

Kitchen caddy - for left overs/bones/tea bags etc, this all goes in the Green bin for composting.

Orange box - for glass.

We also get supplied with 'Textiles' stickers to put on sacks of old clothing, shoes etc.
    Tags: None

Re: Re-cycling !

Please don't lol
    My dad got a sticker on his bottle bin and they refused to take it, it had 4 bottles in a full size bin. Why did they refuse? because he left a top on one of the bottles.
    Another bloody farce imo.

Comment

We had similar with polystyrene in the pink sacks, apparently it has to go in black sacks.

Comment

Complete loada rubbish as I said. All our rubbish goes down a shute i bet they dont try recycle that lot lol

Comment

Despite the cynicism so far we recycle nearly everything, and we need to. In a couple of generations at most landfill sites will be scarce unless you want the National Parks being used.

We have similar to you Sapphire, though glass, tins etc... all go in one. Dustbin day today and our main wheelie bin was literally empty when I put them out last night! Everything was recycled.

Where my sister lives they're allowed one wheelie bin full free + the recycling boxes. Anything that forces open the lid of the wheelie bin, or extra black sacks are taken, but charged for.

Cynics above - start recycling, think of the future. I'm no eco-warrior and I know all the stories of councils putting it all together in landfill still etc... but we've got to do something!

Comment

I think the only 'cynicism' came from myself and the reason being I do not believe for one minute that my local council actually recycle in the proper way.
            I think it more than likely gets shipped abroad or indeed into a landfill like you say.
            Yes I do believe that more should be done about the waste we amass, but I also think instead of putting the onus firmly in the publics 'Back Yard' they should hit a bit harder on the amount of unnecessary packages on most of our products in the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              I think the only 'cynicism' came from myself and the reason being I do not believe for one minute that my local council actually recycle in the proper way.
              I think it more than likely gets shipped abroad or indeed into a landfill like you say.
              Yes I do believe that more should be done about the waste we amass, but I also think instead of putting the onus firmly in the publics 'Back Yard' they should hit a bit harder on the amount of unnecessary packages on most of our products in the shops.
              Well stop being cynical !!!! lol

Couldn't agree more about reducing packaging - seen the Kenco advert? But we all need to do our bit.

Comment

Cynical our Di....... never rofl.

Personally I'm all for the recycling and do as much as I can, I also agree with Di about the amount of unnecessary packaging there is when you go shopping, in fact its so bad on somethings you need a degree in safe cracking to open some of it.

Comment

Well for me, you can recycle as much as you like, keeps me in work

I work for a group that has a waste/recycling division to it. Paper, plastics, tins, glass, textiles, furniture, clinical waste.........anything.

It is used for a variety of things from re manufacturing ( new plastic/metal goods etc) to fuel pellets. If they can prevent it going to landfill they will.

H W Martin Waste Limited

“The pressures facing our natural environment increase each day. We need effective ways to respond and we need them now…”

H W Martin is a vital part of that response, which is why so many local authorities and organisations in the UK turn to us for a solution.
                  “All sites have achieved a significant step change in performance. The majority have achieved increases over 20% and in some cases over 30%. This is a remarkable achievement in such a relatively short period of time and is testament to the hard work and commitment of H W Martin.”
                  Harold Collin, Waste Management Board, Cheshire County Council
                  Each year, H W Martin diverts over 500,000 tonnes of recyclable material. That is equivalent to the total waste generated in a year in a city the size of Bradford and more than that produced in the entire Boroughs of Slough, Reading and Windsor & Maidenhead put together.
                  And none of it goes to landfill.
                  Using our experience in state-of-the-art processing of recyclable materials, we collect, separate, bale and provide re-processors with glass, plastics, paper, card, metals, textiles, concrete & rubble, wood, garden waste, and more… All our recycled materials go back into the manufacturing process to make new products including bottles, paper and cans. Even the green waste is composted and used in agriculture, horticulture and domestic gardens.
                  With the advent of our landfill diversion process we produce a high calorific dry fuel for use in industry, made from the residue from our recycling facilities. This Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) is a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels and enables the user to significantly reduce their carbon footprint. It also puts us on target to be a zero landfill operation.
                  We are certificated to international standards in health and safety, quality and environmental management, we hold Environment Agency permits and we are members of the British Safety Council.
                  Click below to explore examples of our operations and technologies:
                  • Materials Recycling – Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) take in mixed recyclable materials in one end and deliver separated, baled or loose materials ready for re-processing at the other end.
                  • Transfer Stations – at these facilities we accept all wastes; they are the “clearing house” where we decide what can be recycled and what can be converted to RDF.
                  • Household Waste Recycling Centres – these are also sometimes called Civic Amenity Sites or even “the local tip”; we manage these on behalf of local authorities and ensure the public enjoy their recycling experience – from our meet and greet staff to operators giving a helping hand with bulky materials – the public are encouraged to return and continue to do their bit for the local environment.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X