• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Bill, You mean Soho where all the girls hang out and strip clubs

[quote=Bill-K;178362]I would love that, Tuttsi, thank you. There are some sights I haven't seen for ages, and it would do me good to see them again. While this lot are sniffing around the Westminster Gasworks, we could be tripping the dark fantastic along Wardour St !!!
    /quote]

Comment

LOL - The very place, Tuttsi. A bit more traditional and slightly upmarket from King's Cross, I believe (ahem - or so I'm told...) !!!

Comment

I suggested those places earlier as I'd read about them in the papers lol, sounds like you certainly know your way round Bill.
        Seriously I used to go shopping in the area and it was certainly an education.

For anyone who wants late night entertainment, if anyones interested in music, we could ask Ronnie Scotts if they'll let us have some free tickets, or if anyone wants more 'alternative' entertainment there's always G.A.Y. and Heaven, they are an excellent night out if you are broadminded.

Comment

Just memories of a previous life, Sapphire. I was a courier in Town, then worked for a film & video firm whose head office was in Soho Square. I used to visit the Marquee Club in my 'formative years,' but never went to Ronnie's. It would be great to go there !!!

Comment

Did you also go to the Whisky o gogo in Wardour St?

I also have never been to Ronnie Scotts it used to be but don't know if it still is a famous Jazz Club.

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
            Just memories of a previous life, Sapphire. I was a courier in Town, then worked for a film & video firm whose head office was in Soho Square. I used to visit the Marquee Club in my 'formative years,' but never went to Ronnie's. It would be great to go there !!!

Comment

No, Tuttsi - I missed out on that one. We lost Ronnie himself a while ago, but I believe the club lives on as the famous Jazz venue.

Comment

No, Tuttsi - I missed out on that one. We lost Ronnie himself a while ago, but I believe the club lives on as the famous Jazz venue.
                Indeed it does Bill - I've never been myself, but our son was there twice recently with uni friends and had a great time, although typical students they wouldn't pay the fancy prices for food but went for a kebab afterwards

Comment

I've been to Ronnies a few times, I've seen the late great George Melly there also Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth.

Comment

Right, that does it. It's going down on my list of things I have to do before I'm 40.

(I've put doing them off for a further 20 years, too !!!)

Comment

Yup I am only 21 so I have plenty of time to go to all these places

Right, that does it. It's going down on my list of things I have to do before I'm 40.

(I've put doing them off for a further 20 years, too !!!)

Comment

Yeah right you two and I'm still 21 too.

By the way I've just noticed that the 3rd April is Mothers day, doesn't bother me, but worth noting if anyone does the usual lunch thing etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                          I suggested those places earlier as I'd read about them in the papers lol...
                          Sorry, Sapphire. Credit where it's due. I've just realised why I made Tuttsi blush a little by inviting her to Soho - I got you two mixed up.
                          I guess I'm gonna be chased round the block by two seriously offended 21 year olds, now...!!!

Somebody pray for me.

Comment

I guess I'm gonna be chased round the block by two seriously offended 21 year olds, now...!!!

You'd better get yourself in training then hun, I happen to know that Tutts is pretty nippy on her feet, and don't forget we'll have Enaid with us too, now thats three 21 year olds you'll have to contend with

Comment

At least I'll die smiling. Way to go...
                              Last edited by Sapphire; 23rd October 2010, 17:35:PM.

Comment

At least I'll die smiling. Way to go...
                                And with a hangover too hun.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X