• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do i check if a skillschool is genuine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i check if a skillschool is genuine?

Im posting this here as most people look here.

My hubby is looking at doing a plumbers course to gain qualifications towards a better paid job, but the problem we have is the finances to pay for the course.
    I have found a company based in Thornton Bradford that will do the course in 4 days and it would cost about £500 which seems very cheap compared to other places he has looked at ( nearly £5000 and 6 - 8 months college).

So how do i check that the company is a genuine?
    Does someone live near Bradford? as they do the course for the council there.

Hope someone can help.
    claire

Re: How do i check if a skillschool is genuine?

Not sure really, but there was a bloke on the telly the other day on about these courses. His point was, and I agree with him, that how can you learn in a few days or weeks all the skills which used to be taught in what used to be a 4 or 5 year apprenticeship?

You might find that this is only a very basic skills course which your OH is probably already up on, especially if he's a bit of a DIY er. Check out the actual qualifications that would be gained. is it NVQ? What level? I think plumbers especially the good ones, end up doing a Corgi registration as well especially if they do central heating (cos of the gas). And Corgi registration isn't cheap.

And as for bradford council using the course - well if they're anything like our local council, most of the workers are useless! Just my opinion, not trying to upset anyone, plumbers, council employees or otherwise.

Wendy x
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: How do i check if a skillschool is genuine?

Hey Claire. I'd recommend you check out www.diynot.com for some advice on these courses. It's a forum similar to this one (but for DIY & Trades people!). It's really good and you'll get some really good advice on these courses and what can be gained from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X