• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are YOU old enough for that ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are YOU old enough for that ......

TEASPOON ??

Asda clamps down on killer teaspoons • The Register

Are you under 18 years of age? Do have have an urgent need for teaspoons? Well, avoid Asda's Halifax tentacle where the powers that be are determined to prevent this potentially-lethal item of cutlery falling into the hands of murderous yoof.
    The proof of the clampdown comes from Nanny Knows Best - a site "dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain".
    According to the background info, the lady shopper in question was told by an Asda assistant that she'd have to prove her age "because someone had murdered someone with a teaspoon, and therefore ID was now required".
    Suitably outraged by this "complete and utter ********", another Nanny Knows Best reader's wife decided to put Tesco to the test - provocatively turning up at the check-out with two latte teaspoons (long-handled, for the record).
    Sure enough, "an assistant was required & she was asked for proof of ID".
    In fact, Tesco has been battling cutlery-wielding hoodies for some time. Back in 2007, we reported that the supermarket monolith had taken steps to prevent violent sink estate gangs from laying into each other with knives and forks. ®

Re: Are YOU old enough for that ......

ROFLMAO!

Comment

there was that famous boxer who killed someone, i thought it was Witherspoon, but somebody said it wasn't him and it was with a knife.

Jeeze, makes me laugh, get to the airport and they take liquids and sharp things off you.

Get to your seat in business and 1st class and they give you metal cutlery and glasses, not to mention wine and champers our of glass bottles!!.

Of course terrorists don't use business or first class and could not possibly fashion a weapon out of either if they did.
      Last edited by Glenn UK; 11th May 2009, 13:37:PM.

Comment

Apparenty, according to my source , it's because Spoons are clased as drug paraphenalia..... hmmmm lol
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahah!!!

just goes to show what jumping to a gun can do for you, or me in this case!!!

Mind you in my defence there was a mention that someone was murdered in the thread.

Still, i can see how asking someone intent on jacking up is going to be deterred by having to produce ID to buy their spoons
          Last edited by Glenn UK; 11th May 2009, 16:28:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X