• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Get Tossing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Tossing

Basic pancakes with sugar and lemon
    by Delia Smith
    from Delia Smith

Makes 12-14
    Preparation time less than 30 mins
    Cooking time less than 10 mins

Ingredients
    For the pancake mixture:
    110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
    pinch of salt
    2 eggs
    200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
    50g/2oz butter
    To serve:
    caster sugar
    lemon juice
    lemon wedges

Method
    Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with a sieve held high above the bowl so the flour gets a airing. Now make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it. Then begin whisking the eggs - any sort of whisk or even a fork will do - incorporating any bits of flour from around the edge of the bowl as you do so.

Next gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking (don't worry about any lumps as they will eventually disappear as you whisk). When all the liquid has been added, use a rubber spatula to scrape any elusive bits of flour from around the edge into the centre, then whisk once more until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream. Now melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a pan. Spoon 2 tbsp of it into the batter and whisk it in, then pour the rest into a bowl anduse it to lubricate the pan, using a wodge of kitchen paper to smear it round before you make each pancake.

Now get the pan really hot, then turn the heat down to medium and, to start with, do a test pancake to see if you're using the correct amount of batter. I find 2 tbsp is about right for an 18cm/7in pan. It's also helpful if you spoon the batter into a ladle so it can be poured into the hot pan in one go. As soon as the batter hits the hot pan, tip it around from side to side to get the base evenly coated with batter. It should take only half a minute or so to cook; you can lift the edge with a palette knife to see if it's tinged gold as it should be. Flip the pancake over with a pan slice or palette knife - the other side will need a few seconds only - then simply slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
    Stack the pancakes as you make them between sheets of greaseproof paper on a plate fitted over simmering water, to keep them warm while you make the rest.

To serve, spinkle each pancake with freshly squeezed lemon juice and caster sugar, fold in half, then in half again to form triangles, or else simply roll them up. Serve sprinkled with a little more sugar and lemon juice and extra sections of lemon.

Re: Get Tossing

As always enaid lol

Comment

I'm not a ******, I don't eat many fats either but I was amused earlier today. I was chatting to a friend in the USA and Shrove Tuesday was mentioned. I said how we call it pancake tuesday and her reply was Americans call it fat Tuesday.
      So to all of you out there have a happy fat Tuesday.:tinysmile_aha_t:
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Well I've tossed off my other half .................................................. .......................

A couple of Pancakes you dirty minded lot :jaw::behindsofa:

Comment

Am I pathetic or what? I tried a practice run at makeing pancakes last week and it was a complete and utter disaster. I forgot to put in half the milk, and ended up with some huge fat things. I'm basically a terrible cook, I could burn water.

Comment

just use the packet mix....

or alternatively, go out for a curry instead, cos you forgot it was pancake day and you can't be arsed, so will have pancakes tomorrow, on the grounds that OH is always on duty on pancake day, and he is in the garage doing garagey stuff, so off to the curry house we go.....
            Is no longer here

Comment

or you could buy Frozen ones, I hear the Aunt Bessies ones are very good.

Comment

I bought a pancake mix and we will have pancakes latter

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  or you could buy Frozen ones, I hear the Aunt Bessies ones are very good.
                  yes they are, so if all else fails omorrow, will by some. But tonight curry is definately on the menu,
                  Is no longer here

Comment

I just don't give a toss. :caked:
                    My Blog
                    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

I made pancakes No recipe a heap of flour, milk and some eggs till it looked about right. lol. Turned out lovely. and only half of one ended up on the floor.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ech, but it's not real cooking if you don't cover your kitchen with flour and then have a thirty minute argument about whose going to do the washing up after.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          I made pancakes No recipe a heap of flour, milk and some eggs till it looked about right. lol. Turned out lovely. and only half of one ended up on the floor.
                          I can verify that, I can also confirm it was the most interesting vision of pancake tossing I have ever seen before. I vote that we also have pancake Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday too.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

pmsl - distraction techniques (two ways to a man's heart - and i can't cook )
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya everyone

I cheated and bought the pancake mix which is so much more quick and easy and they also turned out quite well. Its the lazy way of doing it I suppose. I can make it myself if I put my mind to it, but sometimes the batter ends up going lumpy and my family don't really want to wait for me to stop faffing around in the kitchen lol

My fave filling is just a squirt of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of caster sugar.

For people with a really sweet tooth.. I recommend a lovely Belgian chocolate sauce filling or a Black Cherry filling (usually used in pies).. they make a change from Golden or Maple syrup..yummy

bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X