• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help needed regarding pcp car finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed regarding pcp car finance.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me advice.
    had a nissan on pcp. A company called Manheim auctions came out to inspect. On the day they found there to be over £500 to sort the car to their standards that required either payment or for me to rectify. The car was in excellent condition, ok it required a new tyre and a scratch on the door handle and one alloy was scuffed but surely after 4 years this can be classed as wear and tear?
    I did the latter as I knew the cost for me to repair was minimal and was told it would cost £120 for a repeat visit to collect the car.
    the same company returned a week or two later and the car went through the same inspection only this time the guy doing the inspecting found a whole lot of different jobs that he said were needed to be done before we could hand the car back!! This time the cost was around £150. I was astounded to say the least. I challenged him as I still had the original paperwork from the the first inspection and he couldn't give me an answer. I reluctantly agreed to hand the car back as I didn't want the costs of another visit adding to the bill.
    we have since been invoiced for over £500 for the second visit which and the return visit has been billed at £168 even though I was told it would be £120.
    The invoice also included these new jobs that needed to be done and mileage which we had slightly gone over on. The invoice stated it must be paid within 14 days. I refuse to pay the whole amount due to discrepancies on the inspections. Surely after correcting all minor problems from their first visit I should only be liable to pay mileage excess?
    please can someone advise.
    thank you for taking the time to read this .
    Tags: None

Hello

Who is the finance company, Nissan?

I think you need to make a formal complaint in relation to this and get the finance co. to explain why exactly the second inspection appeared to allege damage which was not initially picked up on. You should also challenge the increase in fee from for a re-visit. To make you sound as reasonable as possible, you should look to offer the re-visit fee of £120 in full and final settlement (assuming you are happy to pay for it).

If it were me, I would have let them take the vehicle away and argue wear and tear. You've obviously spent money on repairing the car but in doing so you've incurred that extra cost of £120 for not allowing them to take it away. You could have saved yourself that amount by simply agreeing to their charges raised or at least a reasonable proportion of it. All you've done in my view is create unnecessary costs for yourself, but we are where we are.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisab72 View Post
      Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me advice.
      had a nissan on pcp. A company called Manheim auctions came out to inspect. On the day they found there to be over £500 to sort the car to their standards that required either payment or for me to rectify. The car was in excellent condition, ok it required a new tyre and a scratch on the door handle and one alloy was scuffed but surely after 4 years this can be classed as wear and tear?
      I did the latter as I knew the cost for me to repair was minimal and was told it would cost £120 for a repeat visit to collect the car.
      the same company returned a week or two later and the car went through the same inspection only this time the guy doing the inspecting found a whole lot of different jobs that he said were needed to be done before we could hand the car back!! This time the cost was around £150. I was astounded to say the least. I challenged him as I still had the original paperwork from the the first inspection and he couldn't give me an answer. I reluctantly agreed to hand the car back as I didn't want the costs of another visit adding to the bill.
      we have since been invoiced for over £500 for the second visit which and the return visit has been billed at £168 even though I was told it would be £120.
      The invoice also included these new jobs that needed to be done and mileage which we had slightly gone over on. The invoice stated it must be paid within 14 days. I refuse to pay the whole amount due to discrepancies on the inspections. Surely after correcting all minor problems from their first visit I should only be liable to pay mileage excess?
      please can someone advise.
      thank you for taking the time to read this .
      thanks for your input and advice.
      As I stated in the above the initial visit was going to amount to over £500 for making things right on the vehicle. I knew straight away I could rectify this by not spending a large amount. I was a bit intimidated by the visit (having someone go over the car with a fine tooth comb whilst 3 burly men sit and watch in the car that brought the inspector, hence the reason why I wanted to and thought I was being a good person by offering to correct the errors their INspector had brought to my attention.

am I within my rights by offering to pay the amount back in segments as I can't afford the whole amount in one go which is due in 14 days?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X