• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'Global warming' Just another tax.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Global warming' Just another tax.

I have followed many debates on this subject and in my opinion the governments are conning all of us. The introduction of green taxes on the threat of global warming is sheer greed. We are asked to pay more for our carbon footprint, sheer crap.
    Our planet has undergone these global tempreture changes since it first started to spin and we were not here to influence it. In the middle ages the Earth was a lot hotter than it is now, in the 17th centuary there was a mini ice age, people skated on the Thames.
    We are being conned by governments, to make us part with more taxes, which they in turn will waste on the introduction of more government bodies to control our everyday living.
    There is a series of short films on you tube about The Great Global Warming Swindle, well worth taking a look and it might change your mind.

Best wishes,
    Hod..Liam...
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

I don't buy into this global warming/climate change or whatever they are calling it this week.

I definately do not remember reading about wooly mammoths and their cars and factories, so what exactly did they do to bring about the end of the last ice age?

Mother Nature is a wonderful being, she runs this planet excatly how she wants to, and mankind is but an insignificant blip in the grand scheme of things. This is all just a cycle that the planet is going through and there is nothing that we can do to stop it from happening. We just have to adjust and put up with it.

Was doing some research, and during the Roman occupancy of GB there were vineyards in the north of England... hey we couldn't do that now, it's just not warm enough.

Beats me how taxing stuff is going to make any difference, saw that report the other day about cows and methane, ok so do we ban/tax cows now?

Anyway in short, I just don't buy into it!

Comment

Does anybody buy into it?

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
        In a word? No. Well I don't anyway.

It's just another reason to tax us.

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
          Politicians, yogurt knitters, anti car people, anti life in general people?

If some of these people had their way, we would be back to living in caves.... but of course we couldn't hunt for food cos that's nasty on the animals

Comment

Not entirley sure... sitting on the fence.

I reycle nearly everything,I have done this for years before it was the trendy thing to do. The rubbish that goes out each week isn't much. This is because landfill site are filling rapidly and that is fact not fiction. And again another fact is that we are cutting down too many trees and destroying animal habitats in the process, hence paper and card reycling.

Ive got my own compost bin and grown my own veggies. I walk every where and use public transport so I dont think my carbon foot print isreally be that big.

Q, what happens to people like me who already ofset their carbon foot print... so we have to pay twice?
            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
              If some of these people had their way, we would be back to living in caves.... but of course we couldn't hunt for food cos that's nasty on the animals
              PMSL I quite like the idea of going back into a cave... no bills to pay and less complicated life!

I wouldnt let you hunt animals... be leaves and grass the whole way.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I would recycle more, if only the council would take the bloomin stuff. They currently take glass/plastic bottles/paper/card.

They won't take any other plastic, so marg tubs, yogurt pots etc have to go in the bin.

I do all my work by foot, the only time the car gets used if is I have an order to drop off on the way to somewhere.

I use the bus 99 times out of 100 to go into town.

I switch things off when not using them (but that's only to save money!)

Haven't got a garden that I could grow stuff in, so have to buy my veggies and no point having a compost bin. Most left over food goes into my furry waste disposal unit.... I have a dog that much prefers my cooing to anything that Pedigree can come up with!

Not much else I can do really, have to keep the rubbish down cos otherwise the council won't take it, and we are on two week collections (at least the rain means it doesn't stink as much!)

Comment

Not having a garden is no excuse!!!! I havea garden but evil landlord so everything I grow live in pots mostly on the windowsills!!!

opps will go back to the gardening thread now:o Mini hijack over

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I have 4 wheelie bins plus red bags to do

Black - Normal Rubbish
                    Brown - Garden rubbish grass etc
                    Blue - Newspapers etc
                    Green - Glass
                    Red Bags - tins & plastic (mainly empty lager cans)

Comment

Our council dumped a roll of black bin liners on the door step the other day saying recycle seperate your rubbish. Each bin liner says same thing paper/ can/ glass

Even if you filled each bag up seperatly they all get thrown into the same rubbish truck as before and compacted as it does its rounds...:rolleyes:

I am lucky enough to have a big recycling centre just down the road.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Ooh I don't think you guys are going to like me very much

I do recycle at home (the little the council will take anyway)

I drive everywhere, due to my job and the crappiness / price of local public transport, I do about 2000 miles a month in my 4x4 (Which I do need for work).

The company I work for takes vast amounts to landfill sites, although not the public waste like carrier bags etc.

We run a fleet of trucks, so the companies carbon footprint must be through the roof. We do however use recycled materials where we can

SORRY SORRY SORRY
                        Last edited by Paradox; 12th July 2007, 15:54:PM.

Comment

Ere Matt chuck... you'll do for me!

Comment

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forums/14646-post15.html

Read the above for my thoughts on increased taxation.

I also drive a 4x4, but because I want too, not because I need one and the very notion that we should be obliged to explain, much less justify our choice of car is repulsive to me.

The world has been here an awful long time and it is my firm belief that it can look after itself. The idea that we can alter it in any significant way is arrogance almost beyond belief, matched only by the arrogance of those who proclaim that they are robbing us blind in the name of the environment.

David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not. Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."

The climate is always changing and is the result of our planet's orbital eccentricities, axial wobble, solar brightness variation, cosmic ray flux, etc. There are also plausible terrestrial drivers of climate change too, including super volcanic events and tectonic movement, but these can hardly be considered to be anthropogenic effects.

Climate change is an entirely natural process that has been going on for over 4.5 billion years. Mankind did not start it (we weren't even around for the first 4.4998 billion years) and mankind cannot change it.

The scaremongering about climate change provides a very convenient way for the government to persuade gullible people to pay more stealth taxes on rubbish collection, domestic electricity and gas, petrol, air flights, and a plethora of other stuff they've yet to tell us about.

These combined stealth taxes allow the government to massiveky increase taxation without anyone complaining and if they do, it is because they don't care about the planet.

Climate change is unpredictable, as the Earth's climate involves a non-linear coupled chaotic ocean-atmosphere system. It cannot be micro-managed by politicians via taxation.

Cars are responsible for 16% of UK carbon dioxide emissions, which are 2% of total international emissions and overall mankind is responsible for 3.4% of total annually cycled carbon dioxide (according to the IPCC). So cars are responsible for only 0.01% of emissions.

Taxing cars and aeroplane seats (plus the fuel for both) will just make mobility more expensive and swell government coffers. They are pointless otherwise. This is why environmental campaigning these days involves telling other people not to fly while flying to a different continent to sign copies of a book on the (myth of) man-made climate change, and why the tax on heating fuel (oil) is 5% while the tax on mobility fuel (petrol) is 300% yet buildings emit twice as much carbon dioxide as transport.

One of the most recent studies available covering the theme that CO₂ is responsible is that of Caillon et al. (2003), who focused on an isotope of argon (40Ar) that can be taken as a climate proxy, thus providing constraints about the relative timing of CO₂ shifts and climate change. Air bubbles in the Vostok ice core over the period that comprises what is called Glacial Termination III - which occurred 240,000 years BC - were studied. The result of their painstaking analysis was that "the CO₂ increase lagged behind Antarctic deglacial warming by 800 ± 200 years." This finding, in the words of Caillon et al., confirms that CO₂ is not the forcing that drives the climatic system. Anthropogenic climate change, based on the claimed impact of CO₂ emissions from transport and industry, is stone cold dead.
                            Last edited by Cetelco; 12th July 2007, 16:49:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                              PMSL I quite like the idea of going back into a cave...
                              Yeah, me too! hit a woman over the head with a club, drag her back to ya cave and completely drill her socks off pmsl
                              Last edited by Koenigsegg; 13th July 2007, 07:50:AM.
                              RBS £2,336.31p *Settled* - RBS £104 *Settled* - Cap One *Settled by default* - A&L - In Progress

`All advise offered by myself is from my own personnel experience and not from professional experience, if in doubt seek advise from a qualified professional!`

`Emotions are like your mothers breasts, you know where they are but best left unfelt!`

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X