• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

R.I.P Mitch Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Mitch Mitchell

Tribute to Mitch Mitchell | Lasting Tribute

Mitch Mitchell Mitch Mitchell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Drummer | Died in 2008
    Drummer with the Jimi Hendrix Experience
    The last surviving member of the the Jimi Hendrix Experience, drummer Mitch Mitchell, died aged 61 on 12 November, 2008 after a lifetime in music.
    The British musician was touring in a tribute band on the Experience Hendrix Tour, which performed the week before he died in Portland, Oregon.
    He played in the Hendrix band from 1966 until the guitarist’s death in 1970, and was thought to have died of natural causes.
    According to fan forum drummerworld.com, he had "magnificent rhythmic drive" and ranks alongside legendary Cream drummer Ginger Baker and The Who's Keith Moon.
    His explosive drumming style can be heard in hard-charging songs such as Fire and Manic Depression.
    Classic albums include Are You Experienced? and Electric Ladyland, featuring tracks like Purple Haze, Little Wing and Hey Joe.
    Mitch Mitchell has been described as one of the three great British rock drummers of the 1960s.
    He was born in Ealing, London in 1947 and became a child actor. He developed into a session drummer by his late teens, having taught himself the art.
    Early bands in the 1960s included The Pretty Things, The Tornados and Riot Squad, his big break coming in 1965 after joining Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames.
    When the band split up, Mitch was recruited to join guitarist Jimi Hendrix and bassist Noel Redding in The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
    The group’s spellbinding performances included the Monterey Pop Festival, where Hendrix famously set light to his guitar, and Woodstock.
    After Hendrix died in 1970, Mitch continued to play and record with some of rock and jazz world's biggest names.
    When Noel Redding died at 57 in 2003, Mitchell was left as the only surviving member of the legendary trio.
    The latest tour was designed to bring together veteran musicians who had known Hendrix and younger artists.
    Last edited by Tools; 13th November 2008, 15:37:PM.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X