• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water Pump/Central heating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump/Central heating

Hi Everyone

Not sure if this is the right place to post lol

As its now getting a bit nippy I have switched the central heating to come on twice a day.. morning and evening.

Have just noticed a funny deep humming noise/sound coming from the water pump. This has never happened before and have been in the house for 8 years without it going wrong. Which is not bad for that length of time. But I expect it will need to be looked at a.s.a.p as am really worried about that sound. I have called the repairs dept and reported it, and have said it is an urgent job (if it is a repair job). The normal waiting timescale for a repair to be looked at is 28 days.

Has anyone got any suggestions what that humming noise is?

Bf xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Re: Water Pump/Central heating

Probably air in the pipes cause a vibration and hence a humming sound ....best way to clear it is to shut off the water at the mains run everything to empty then turn it back on again.

Says I the plumber lol - seriously I know bugger all just thats what happened in my old house when we put the heating on again after the summer. We had a back boiler.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If its a Combi boiler....DONT run the pipes with the water off!!

:scared:
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

There you go see Don't EVER listen to me pmsl
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi BF

I assume you are living in rented council property and the owness for repairs lies with them.

The 'humming' noise is likely to be the pump bearing, if you have not had the heating/pump running for some time it could just be that the noise is only temporary and may subside after a couple days running. However, if the noise continues or indeed gets worse then I suspect the bearing has become defective and will need a replacement pump. If the council are responsible for maintenance on your property there is little to worry about as they are obliged to fit a new one.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

If it's a combi boiler, to me it sounds like the water level needs topping up. there should be a gague with a minimum water pressure level. This can be topped up if it is low. There should be a filler valve. Get your other half to open the valve whilst you watch the gague, when that shows past the minimum level switch it off. Then bleed each of the rads with a bleeder tap, to release any air. Redo the gague bit again because the pressure level would have dropped again and your problem should be solved.

p.s. I did my apprenticeship with British Gas some 20+ years ago.

Good luck with your mission.
            Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Hi Thankyou peeps for all your advice. I will deffo try all the troubleshooting ideas and give them a go.. I was really worried.
              My o/h had a sneaky feeling it might be air in the rads/pipes, but wasn't sure.

That noise startled us and never heard it before and thought it was gonna blow up or something lol

Thankyou once again.. you have deffo put our mind at rest.

BF xx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

My pump has a "valve" which you open with a coin while its running to let air out-- until water runs out-then you tighten it back up again with the coin.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X