• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA WARNING: Simon Gray & Associates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA WARNING: Simon Gray & Associates

We have published this statement to warn investors against dealing with unauthorised firms.

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/...ray-associates
    Tags: None

Re: FCA WARNING: Simon Gray & Associates

Originally posted by Legal Beagles View Post
    We have published this statement to warn investors against dealing with unauthorised firms.

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/...ray-associates
    I was initially contacted by a Jamie Martinez of Simon Gray & Associates, Mergers & Acquisitions Department on my mobile phone. They were in the process of assisting a hostile takeover of Gen Mark Diagnostics in the USA. Gen Mark had previously bought out Osmetech, a UK company, in June 2010. I had originally bought Osmetech shares back in 2000. They assured me that I now held several thousand Gen Mark shares and wanted to buy them for their client at a price range between £8 and £17.

When they asked me to send an Insurance Indemnity Bond of nearly £5K to a bank in Jacarta, Indonesia I realised it was probably a scam. Searching Google I discovered the FCA warning on this firm. I also saw Forums such as "Who Called Me" relating to +7778897116 (the number they called me on, you can’t call it back by the way, it is a VoIP call out number) with remarkably similar stories, Simon Gray mentioned and even the lady Jamie Martinez.

I also discovered that their website www.simongrayassociates.com was only created/registered on 14Dec2014 (using Net Names Whois). They contacted me on 20Dec2014. I suspect it is the same people who were running Robinson Capital Partners (looking at information in the forums, strikingly similar hallmarks, style and characteristics).

When I raised the FCA warning and the website issue with them, they tried one email to reassure me with some cute explanations. When I persisted, they have not contacted me since.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X