• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Financial Service Authority - Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Service Authority - Questions

Have E.Mailed them with a question regarding Default Charges for Direct Debits. i.e. Payout at Midnight & credits being made on the same day, see what they answer.
    Last edited by MIKE770; 8th March 2010, 19:53:PM.

Re: Financial Service Autority - Questions

May be an idea to send the same/similar enquiries to a number of banks PR depts.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      May be an idea to send the same/similar enquiries to a number of banks PR depts.
      Have sent to MP, OMB, FSA. might as well get around to the Banks as well.

Comment

Well done, be very interesting to see any replies.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do you want me to write to Abbey?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post

Thanks Tuttsi, o.k Hon. will PM you what I sent to the Banks,as I sent different to the OMB/MP/FSA
            Last edited by MIKE770; 9th March 2010, 12:50:PM.

Comment

Have sest to Natwest & Barclays via e.mail, lloyds do not seem to like E.mails as I cannot find contact details by e.mail, will do RBS etc later.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Have sest to Natwest & Barclays via e.mail, lloyds do not seem to like E.mails as I cannot find contact details by e.mail, will do RBS etc later.

E.mail receipt from H.S.B.C. to-day, giving reference No: - Barclays delivery service notification (Delay) DNS error could not contact DNS Server,,will be retried for 2 more day(s), Nothing from Natwest yet.
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Have sent to MP, OMB, FSA. might as well get around to the Banks as well.

Had responses/acknowledgment from all three organisations, near immediate from M.P.
                Last edited by MIKE770; 10th March 2010, 13:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Re: Financial Service Authority - Questions

Excellent response from the MP Mike, good stuff, see if he gets a response from higher up as he indicated.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Do not think Barclays want my E.Mail, same DNS error to-day.

Comment

Have E.Mailed: OFT also Satander to-day.

Comment

Reply from HSBC Thursday, well they are not answering the questions, so template letter except to say that If I am in a situation whereby I pay in on a Direct Debit due day to tell the cashier at the Branch at the time that the Monies are to cover DD, which proves they have not read my e,mail properly as I have not mentioned that I experianced the said problem, only it has come to my attention. Also if any further comments to contact Quality control Team, I will when I am back from Holiday as I have 8 weeks to respond to them.

Comment

Re: Financial Service Authority - Questions Attn NATTY

Hi Natty, would be very useful if you have Office addresses/department addresses, as hardly any response to the question I have asked the banks, via e.mails.

Comment

Have received this response from FSA: -

Thankyou for your e.mail sent on 8 March 2010. I understand that you would like to make a comment on direct debits and default charges that banks make and the way they treat their customers.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us about this situation. It is clear from your e.mail that you retain a keen interest in the UK!s financial services industry, particularly in relation to consumer interest and wider issues surrounding regulations.

Your email has invited the FSA to consider your comments. As the UK!s financial regulator, we welcome information and comments which may highlight concerns within our remit and will continue to do so. Therefore, we have placed the details of you e.mail on record.

Whilst it is beyond the scope of our responses to address in detail the individual analasis and comment which we receive, please be assured we do evaluate this information in light of our resposibilities. As I am certain you are aware, the FSA!s consultation and discussions surrounding these issues are publicised throughout the industry, and are available from our website.

www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/library/index.shtml

Thank you again for the concerns which you have highlighted.

If you have any future questions on financial services and products, you may find it easier to call our Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary). Before doing so, you can learn about the work we carry out as the point of contact for consumers in our information sheet "The Customer Contact Centre":
                            http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk...act_centre.pdf

Although I appreciate that this may not be the response you were hoping to receive I trust that the above information has clarified our position.

Yours sincerely

Peter Jones (Mr)
                            No responses from Abbey, Barclays, LLoyds, Natwest, HBOS, BOS, Nationwide. will work on them soon.
                            Last edited by MIKE770; 25th June 2010, 18:05:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Have received this response from FSA: -

Thankyou for your e.mail sent on 8 March 2010. I understand that you would like to make a comment on direct debits and default charges that banks make and the way they treat their customers.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us about this situation. It is clear from your e.mail that you retain a keen interest in the UK!s financial services industry, particularly in relation to consumer interest and wider issues surrounding regulations.

Your email has invited the FSA to consider your comments. As the UK!s financial regulator, we welcome information and comments which may highlight concerns within our remit and will continue to do so. Therefore, we have placed the details of you e.mail on record.

Whilst it is beyond the scope of our responses to address in detail the individual analasis and comment which we receive, please be assured we do evaluate this information in light of our resposibilities. As I am certain you are aware, the FSA!s consultation and discussions surrounding these issues are publicised throughout the industry, and are available from our website.

www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/library/index.shtml

Thank you again for the concerns which you have highlighted.

If you have any future questions on financial services and products, you may find it easier to call our Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234 (call rates may vary). Before doing so, you can learn about the work we carry out as the point of contact for consumers in our information sheet "The Customer Contact Centre":
                              http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk...act_centre.pdf

Although I appreciate that this may not be the response you were hoping to receive I trust that the above information has clarified our position.

Yours sincerely

Peter Jones (Mr)
                              No responses from Abbey, Barclays, LLoyds, Natwest, HBOS, BOS, Nationwide. will work on them soon.

Ombudsman reply quite similiar to above.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X