• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Main Statistics From PCA Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Statistics From PCA Report

Free-if-in-credit personal current accounts
    Annexe C of Personal current accounts in the UK - an OFT market study
    July 2008
    OFT1005c

four million accounts incurred charges of over £200 in 2006, of which 1.4 million accounts incurred charges of over £500
    FOR INFO _ see FSA meets with Banks to discuss Hardship conditions - 2nd July - Page 2 - Legal Beagles ---FSA Hardship

The average revenue per account of the seven largest banks ranged from £97 to £177 with an average of £152

For an ''average'' consumer, the annual cost of a current account ranges from £29 to £97.

The proportion of PCA revenue the seven largest banks generated from insufficient funds charges ranged from 24% to 54%

The percentage of accounts that were charged insufficient funds fees at least six times varies from 30 % to 50 % of those charged at least once.

12.6 million or 23% of accounts incurred insufficient funds charges in 2006. Insufficient funds charges revenue is derived entirely from these accounts, averaging £205 per account

The revenue generated from PCAs is used by banks to cover a range of costs. A range of retail banking products often share common costs.
    The revenue from PCAs typically contributes to covering these common costs as well as the direct costs of providing PCAs.

Unarranged overdraft charges

The second largest source of revenue for banks is income from insufficient funds charges. These are of two main types: transaction charge and overdraft excess charge.

• Transaction charges are incurred at the time of the transaction and may be debited immediately (as they are incurred) or at a later date.

- A paid item charge is levied when the bank pays an item which creates or extends an unarranged overdraft.

An unpaid item charge is levied when the bank declines to pay an item that would, if paid, create or extend an unarranged overdraft.

• Overdraft excess charges are incurred at the time the account is in unarranged overdraft during a specified period, and are typically debited in the following charging period. There may be one per month or day.

39% of people who incurred at least ONE charge per year actually incurred MORE THAN SIX charges per year

Last edited by Amethyst; 16th July 2008, 18:10:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Main Statistics From PCA Report

bump for me
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Main Statistics From PCA Report

And Naphtalia?
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X