• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OFT Judgement to be released to Banks 24 hrs before general release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFT Judgement to be released to Banks 24 hrs before general release

The judgement is looking to be handed down in April. The banks will each receive an embargoed copy 24 hours prior to public release.

Following the release there will be a case management conference, involving the FSA, to discuss implications and the timetable for resolving outstanding issues.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: OFT Judgement to be released to Banks 24 hrs before general release

Ame,

Is the April handing down forecast actually from someone in the know or just another rumour ?

The latest press release on the OFT website indicates a July judgement !!!
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_res...nal-test-case/

Probably the best method of determining when judgement is likely to be handed down is to check Justice Smith's holiday plans. Because if I was him I would certainly plan to be away for a couple of weeks afterwards, whichever way it goes.

Budgie

Comment

lol you think he'll need a good rest afterwards then.

The date is from a source, but the same source said end of march a while ago so I wouldn't hold your breath on the April bit. The rest we know already.

The PCA Market study will be published soon - end of this month - excluding the UTCCR sections - whether or not the judgement shows up.

The bit Budgie's referring to

Originally posted by OFT
      The High Court test case, which is a key part of the investigation, is seeking to establish the preliminary legal principle of whether the provisions of the UTCCRs that deal with unfairness apply. It will also address the additional point of law of whether the charges can amount to penalties at common law. The hearing lasted from 17 January to 8 February and we are anticipating that judgment will be handed down by the end of July, although we have no firm information about this. In the meantime, we are continuing our investigation into the substantive issue of whether we think the charges are unfair.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would be surprised if Justice Smith would be able to give his judgement by next month. I've been keeping quite a close eye on his schedule since the hearing and he's been sitting on case after case virtually every day

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X