• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OFT Statement & Amended POC's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFT Statement & Amended POC's

Statement: update on OFT test case

144/07 15 October 2007
    Following the Case Management Conference last Friday, the OFT added to the original particulars of claim filed at the High Court in its proceedings for a declaration on the application of the law in respect of unauthorised overdraft charges. The OFT considers that this will help clarify the case, and such changes are often part of the litigation process.

Download the amended Particulars of Claim (pdf 278 kb).

These particulars give further details about why the OFT thinks the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations (UTCCRs) apply to unauthorised overdraft charges.

It is anticipated that the case will still take place within the court dates allocated at the beginning of 2008, and this amendment does not affect the ongoing OFT market study into the banking sector which is due to be completed by the end of the year.

Thats that bit. Reading through POC's - any major changes apparent ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Lol the OFT surely could have forseen the banks would defend on their new terms and conditions....ah well - they get it right eventually..

and they seem to have added in a very brief service charge argument ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

At least , after reading through the revised POC`s , it seems the OFT have been PROactive as well as REactive to the banks` defences . Looks like some of the defendant banks had noticed a loophole or `get out` to their old POC .

Without wishing to speak too soon , at least it looks as if the OFT are trying to do this one right , ah well theres a first time for everything.:rolleyes:

Would still be nice to get a copy of the banks` defences for the old POC , I wonder if they will be available at any point , no doubt they may be scrapped and new defences submitted to counter the new POC.

We shall see I suppose , but at least it looks like the timescales have remained.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I expect the defences are still being de commercially sensitivised and we'll get a vastly diluted version at some point....wonder whats happened to the counterclaims.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X