• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

test case date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test case date

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but have you all seen this?

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_res...dies/personal2

The trial will start on 14 January 2008 and we expect it to last eight days.
    Last edited by biscuits; 17th August 2007, 16:39:PM.
    Tags: court, oft, test case

Re: test case date

Bump

Comment

Thats sooner than many thought, and they do seem very confident, lets hope its not a load of bull dozer...

Comment

Seems thats the date they are going to court, but as has been pointed out by a few once the verdict is found and banks appeal then it could be a lot longer.

I thought though that OFT has said the banks have to stand by the decision made by the court?
        Last edited by biscuits; 18th August 2007, 10:41:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I think any decision made in court is allowed to have an appeal?

Comment

Depends if the banks have agreed with the OFT et al that they will accept the courts first decision and not appeal. You're right though, but if they've agreed not to appeal on the side, as it were, then that'll be the end of it.

Comment

Do you think they might of???
              Surely the banks being the ogres they are wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot. unless of course they knew they were quiet safe.

Have to say i have no belief in any of it, reckon its a farce from the start. Sorry I'm such a pessimist.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X