• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

south african bank charges confidential report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: south african bank charges confidential report

Nice one, can we do some others? lol

Comment

chapter 8 conclusions and recommendations - unredacted

(the full redacted report is on the site i linked oto in first post btw)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bank Fees: Banking on silence - Wikileaks
        South African Competition Commission: unredacted final Report on Banking, 12 Dec 2008 - Wikileaks
        South African Competition Commission to Wikileaks: remove Report on Banking, 18 Dec 2008 - Wikileaks

after being down all morning its back up so be simpler to download the pdf from there if you want to read it in its entirety

Bank charges - penalty fees
        Last edited by Amethyst; 19th March 2009, 13:33:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just putting this here so i remember to chase it again on 26th.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sharon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]

Sharon x

Email: sharon_xxxx

Your ref

Direct line
          0207 211 8802
          Our ref
          IAT/FOIA/59466

Date
          24 April 2009
          Email
          Mary.Linacre@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Dear Ms x

Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘FoIA’) - Acknowledgement of a request for information

Thank you for your email in which you requested the following information from the OFT:

“I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act.

Minutes of meetings held between the Office of Fair Trading and the South African Competition Commission in March 2006.

Correspondence and Memorandum between the OFT and the South African Competition Commission relating to the matters discussed”.

Under the FoIA a public authority must inform the applicant in writing whether it holds any information relevant to their request and, if it does, supply this information to the applicant subject to certain exemptions. We try to respond to all requests promptly but no later than 20 working days after receipt, and will therefore aim to answer your request in full no later than 26 May 2009.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact me quoting the above reference number.

Yours sincerely

Mary Linacre
          OFT Information Access Team
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

oh poo bums...apparently they dont keep minutes and have no documentation to share. Not sure i believe them mind.

reply attached.

Wonder what the OFTs policy of leiniency is then ? BE lol.
            Last edited by Paule; 21st May 2009, 08:42:AM. Reason: Atachment amended
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Interesting possibly....

Competition Commission Council Minutes September 2009

4.2. He (the chairman) had recently attended the 10th
              anniversary event of the South African competition authorities. The SA authorities had an impressive track record of cases and inquiries covering the whole range of the economy. The CC had supported these efforts. The CC’s own work was widely respected in South Africa.

also

10.1. Following the effectiveness of the strategy day with the OFT last year, it was suggested that a day be set aside in December to consider the CC’s position in the current economic and political climate and also to examine what the CC should be producing as its contribution to competition policy
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X