• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FSA figures- Credit Card complaints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSA figures- Credit Card complaints

Originally posted by FSA in Freedom of Information request submitted by Mr Richard Heaysman January 2009
    The attached spreadsheet sets out the relevant data we hold for 2007 and
    2008. Please note that the figures in the column headed 2008H2 are low
    in comparison to those in the other three columns, as not all complaints
    returns submitted by firms to the FSA have been received for that
    period. Complaints returns have to be submitted every six months, and
    firms must submit the return within 30 days after the reporting period
    ends. This means that many of the firms with a reporting end date of 31
    December 2008 will not have submitted their returns to date.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: FSA figures- Credit Card complaints

And what have they done with these complaints? .......................................ummmmmmmmmm mm not a lot really!

Comment

Aye, interesting how the overcharging complaints went down by 30k odd H1 2008 compared to H1 2007, also interesting how they were still so high a year after the OFT report on default charges. Might be interesting to see 2005 / 2006 figures, see if the report had an effect in real terms, we know it was quite a catalyst for the publicity on the issues.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yeah that would be interesting to see. Could we put in another and do they cost? The FOI requests I mean.

Comment

Nope - they collect the figures 6 monthly much as the waiver. If you want to put it in be cool Tanz. Shouldnt take them more than 2 days to get the info together (beyond that it costs think the limit is £495 costs before they want you to pay). I have another in re the waiver monthly reports so don't want to naff them off by doing another one. We want 2005/2006/2007/2008 not much point asking for those so far in 2009 really. will pm you. They have 20 days to reply but for this should be quicker.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

No worries i'm on it, well tomorrow lol

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Aye, interesting how the overcharging complaints went down by 30k odd H1 2008 compared to H1 2007, also interesting how they were still so high a year after the OFT report on default charges. Might be interesting to see 2005 / 2006 figures, see if the report had an effect in real terms, we know it was quite a catalyst for the publicity on the issues.
              Well let me put you out of your misery, here are the stats for 2005 and 2006 (if I can get the thing to attach lol)

A big jump in 2006 compared to 2005 in relation to overcharging mate.

Comment

Thats brilliant Thank you Tanz :kiss:

I'll pop both tables together in morning and make a nice graph , seems it took a while for the message to get around, 7,000 in 2005, 28,000 complaints in 2006 and 160,000 in 2007 !!

Jibberty flibbert thats a lot of complaints for something supposedly resolved by the default charges report by the oft in april 06. lol.

Good work

Last edited by Amethyst; 4th April 2009, 01:04:AM.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

No worries it was a new experience for me lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X