• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal Judgment - 26th February 2009 - OFT v Abbey National Plc & Otrs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Appeal Judgment - 26th February 2009 - OFT v Abbey National Plc & Otrs

Originally posted by Bankstormer View Post
    Like the High court did by taking three months hand down it's decision?

And the court of appeal who took over three months?

I'm sick of having to hope that someone will speed things along, the HOL in my opinion should have anticipated this and rejected their application at 9am today.

Im pretty sure that it will take a good proportion of the 8 weeks allowed to reach a decision.

When your not strapped for cash, whats the rush?

The OFT test case is only about 50% through this. I think we all need to take a step back and realise that the FSA waiver is going to be renewed in July 2009. The exemption to the FSA Waiver is Financial Hardship and banks are paying out. I would have thought the banks were going soft if they didn't appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
      The OFT test case is only about 50% through this. I think we all need to take a step back and realise that the FSA waiver is going to be renewed in July 2009. The exemption to the FSA Waiver is Financial Hardship and banks are paying out. I would have thought the banks were going soft if they didn't appeal.

Its the time they took to appeal, not the fact that they did!

I am fully aware that the case is only half way through, but it needn't take so long.

The banks should be held to account for wasting time - but they won't be!!!
      I make my apologies now for my spelling ability. Maths was always my subject!

Comment

They have the right to petition the HoL and they have taken that right. If you are sued and are in the same petition, are you saying you would give up?

Comment

No, but when other peoples money is potentialy at stake i would expect to have to explain why i was taking so long to submit my application.

Every member on this site knwe that they would take the full month to submit their appeal (in an attempt to delay matters further).

You know the point i'm trying to make and are as frustrating as the banks you work for in your purpously distorted views!

Comment

Just to add this guide so you are aware of the process

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...BpJudicial.pdf
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            No, but when other peoples money is potentialy at stake i would expect to have to explain why i was taking so long to submit my application.

Every member on this site knwe that they would take the full month to submit their appeal (in an attempt to delay matters further).

You know the point i'm trying to make and are as frustrating as the banks you work for in your purpously distorted views!
            When i was at university, my essay deadline was set in stone. I left it as late as I possibly could to submit it. We each can interpret that as we see it.
            Last edited by natweststaffmember; 26th March 2009, 13:54:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just to add this guide so you are aware of the process

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...BpJudicial.pdf

When i was at university, my essay deadline was set in stone. I left it as late as I possibly could to submit it. We each can interpret that as we see it.

Your hugely important homework being handed in at the last minute was not to the financial detriment of thousands of people!

Are you being paid a bonus for being on this website during banking hours Nat West Staff Member?

Comment

They have the right to petition the HoL and they have taken that right. If you are sued and are in the same petition, are you saying you would give up?

If the 3rd highest ranking judge in the land told me I had no prospect of success I would seriously consider it.

But then I do not have a limitless supply of cash coming in on a daily basis to fund the case.

The charges coming in every day will pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case twice over so why wouldn’t they want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"
                The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Your hugely important homework being handed in at the last minute was not to the financial detriment of thousands of people!

Are you being paid a bonus for being on this website during banking hours Nat West Staff Member?
                  I am not allowed to tell you because amethyst(Admin of LB) will call me a twazzock off forum if I am in anyway sarcastic to this bit of the post. However, would you like me to answer the question?

Comment

Yes - that's why i asked it.

Responding to a question without being sarcastic isn't hard, non bank staff members find it quite easy!

Comment

Which forums do you read on the site? I would suggest the announcements one cos that will give you all the answers you need for the question. Apologies if you haven't read it before.
                      Please don't call me a twazzock amethyst

Comment

NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Nattie was dismissed in February for his work on the forums helping consumers.

(Nattie - you are a twazzock :kiss
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 26th March 2009, 14:18:PM.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok, just a thought, mabe change your name to EXNATWESTSTAFFMEMBER for clarity.

However smug you may feel, your id created the confusion. I sadly dont have time to read every forum on this site.

Considering we are supposed to be on the same side, why are you activly rubishing ligitimate comments about the banks procrastiny.
                          Fair play for helping people by the way! Has to be said!
                          Last edited by Bankstormer; 26th March 2009, 14:36:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ROBSTER View Post
                            If the 3rd highest ranking judge in the land told me I had no prospect of success I would seriously consider it.
                            It's worth pointing out that the Master of the Rolls made no comment whatsoever as to the prospects of an appeal to the House of Lords.

You might have got that impression from the 'announcement' on the Consumer Action Group which claims that ''Despite the Master of the Rolls telling the banks they have "no chance", the fight is set to continue...''

This is fictional propaganda. I'd imagine a judge - especially one of his seniority - would be struck off for pre-empting the outcome of a House of Lords Appeal or an application to appeal.

Along with this garbage the Consumer Action Group also gave us ''Test case moved to tiny room'' when on the very same day The Times accurately reported that ''The test case has been moved to a larger venue...'' and then of course ''Natwest historical terms are penalties - Official!!!'' when Justice Smith merely said that he's not convinced that they are incapable of being penalties.

Comment

"3. The Banks’ appeal to the Court of Appeal has now failed and we have now refused permission to appeal to the House of Lords. The Banks are of course entitled to apply to the House of Lords for permission to appeal."

That is from the explanatory notes.

Comment

I just wondering if anyone would offer to tell me what their gut feelings are to the outcome of the appeal to the HOL.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X