• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Oughtn't they know better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oughtn't they know better?

I do not have, or have ever had, any debt owing or allegedly owed to those rogues.

On 30 July 2011, I was reading about the antics of the HFO group of companies which the Office of Faffing and Twaddling has recently been threatening to do something about.

On seeing an allegation on another website that HFO seems to be linked to Silverpoint Delivery Solutions and to use postcards purporting to be from that company to elicit data from alleged debtors, I visited their site to see if it would tell me anything more.

I was particularly interested in a little gem I discovered on their Terms and Conditions page - link - a screen capture of which is below.

Under the heading of Consumer Rights, they state:

You also have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please write to our registered office address enclosing a cheque for £25 payable to Silverpoint Delivery Solutions to cover our administrative costs.
    As we all know, the maximum fee payable for a Subject Access Request made under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 is £10, so why is a firm supposedly linked to a load of lawyers asking for a fee of £25?

Do you suppose the Office of the Information Commissioner knows about this?
    Tags: None

Re: Oughtn't they know better?

CC, you gotta report it to the ICO.....and perhaps for the sport, send an email to them and state that they are in breach of the DPA by charging £25.00 for a SAR(I'll do it if you really don't want to do it. I kinda enjoy the sport )
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I was rather hoping that we all would report it.

If you still have posting privileges at CAG, please forward the posting to there with my blessing.

Comment

I think that is scandlous. I am just wondering if any of these companies play by the book. I am sure the ICO do not know about this, but what will they do when they finf out - give them a slap on the back and say what naughty people they are and tell them to behave themselves.

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        I do not have, or have ever had, any debt owing or allegedly owed to those rogues.

On 30 July 2011, I was reading about the antics of the HFO group of companies which the Office of Faffing and Twaddling has recently been threatening to do something about.

On seeing an allegation on another website that HFO seems to be linked to Silverpoint Delivery Solutions and to use postcards purporting to be from that company to elicit data from alleged debtors, I visited their site to see if it would tell me anything more.

I was particularly interested in a little gem I discovered on their Terms and Conditions page - link - a screen capture of which is below.

Under the heading of Consumer Rights, they state:

As we all know, the maximum fee payable for a Subject Access Request made under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 is £10, so why is a firm supposedly linked to a load of lawyers asking for a fee of £25?

Do you suppose the Office of the Information Commissioner knows about this?

Comment

I've just reported it to first direct in error :o

Comment

Agreed CC, this must me reported to the ICO, by requesting more than the £10 Statutory fee (which covers admin costs) they are breaking the law.

They are also breaking the law (DPA) if Silver point shares personal information to 3rd party companies like HFO or process your information without your prior consent (by sending you a postcard, they are processing your data) - note as seperately registered limited companies they are therefore seperate entities and as such they are both 3rd party companies to each other.

Also Silver point solutions do not appear to be a registed data processor with the ICO so if that is the case they are in breach of the DPA as they clearly should not be processing personal data at all if they are not registered with the ICO. CORRECTION on further reading it appears they are infact registered, though this does not give them the right to process your personal data without your prior consent.

Also a clear undeniable link between the two companies confirmed by Donkey B on CAG - See post 'Silverpoint delivery service' card in your door - HFO Services? - Page 2
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Their DPA registration number is Z1425133

Comment

Might be worth noting that they silver point is operating illegally too:

From Companies House:

Name & Registered Office:
                SILVERPOINT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS LTD.
                20-22 BEDFORD ROW
                LONDON
                WC1R 4JS
                Company No. 06339018

Date of Incorporation: 09/08/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                Company Type: Private Limited Company
                Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
                None Supplied
                Accounting Reference Date: 31/08
                Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
                Next Accounts Due:
                Last Return Made Up To:
                Next Return Due:
                Previous Names:
                No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

GAZ2 02/06/2009 STRUCK OFF AND DISSOLVED

GAZ1 17/02/2009 FIRST GAZETTE

288b 30/10/2008 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED SECRETARY ****** COMPANY SECRETARIES LIMITED

NEWINC 09/08/2007 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS
                CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
                STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE
                DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE
                MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
                ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                  Might be worth noting that they silver point is operating illegally too:

From Companies House:

Name & Registered Office:
                  SILVERPOINT DELIVERY SOLUTIONS LTD.

GAZ2 02/06/2009 STRUCK OFF AND DISSOLVED
                  To whom should such wanton naughtiness be reported?
                  Last edited by CleverClogs; 30th July 2011, 17:01:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost Demerged

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    :rofl:
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

To whom should such wanton naughtiness be reported?
                    Companies house for a start, then trading standards, OFT and ICO as their registeration will likely be invalid as a result LOL.

Would be interesting to see if they reregister with the ICO after the original registeration expires on the 6th August 2011.

Comment

Looks like CC you have opened a can of worms.

Better start making those complaints - see if anyone wants to listen and take action. As most of these government bodies are totally spineless.

Comment

I suppose everyone needs a hobby...

Comment

From there Contact us page on there website found here - Welcome to Silverpoint Delivery Solutions

Contact Silverpoint

If you would like to get in contact with Silverpoint Delivery Solutions please either use the following information, or fill in the form below and we will get in contact with you as soon as possible
                          Silverpoint
                          Norfolk House,
                          Smallbrook Queensway.
                          Birmingham B5 4LJ.
                          Registered Number: 06339018
                          t: 0845 606 1561
                          f: 0845 606 1563
                          e: enquiries@silverpointdelivery.co.uk

Might be worth emailing or calling them and seeing what they have to say about why they are still claiming to be a registered LTD company and why they are operating illegally since the company was struck off and disolved in 2009 - Recording the phone call too off course - hopefully they try say they are still a registered company LOL

Another Interesting post by DonkeyB - 'Silverpoint delivery service' card in your door - HFO Services? - Page 2
                          Last edited by teaboy2; 30th July 2011, 17:20:PM.

Comment

And if you want more clear evidence that they have been operating as a limited company or falsely stating they are a limited company, you simply only need to see that the follow look up on their site registration details proves they have been renewing their site even after being struck off and dissolved as a limited company in 2009 - especially when they still claim to be a registered company on their contact us page of the site LOL:

Domain name:
                            silverpointdelivery.co.uk

Registrant:
                            Aby Paulose Alooparambil

Registrant type:
                            UK Individual

Funny it says they a registered company by giving their company registeration number on the contact us page!!

Registrant's address:
                            The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
                            address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
                            1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = SCHLUND]
                            URL: Home Page or http://registrar.1und1.info

Relevant dates:
                            Registered on: 29-Jul-2010
                            Renewal date: 29-Jul-2012
                            Last updated: 30-Sep-2010

Registration status:
                            Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
                            ns67.1and1.co.uk
                            ns68.1and1.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 17:41:43 30-Jul-2011

Comment

Hi
                              OK devil’s advocate time again.
                              I had a similar conversation with the Co op bank some years ago. They wanted to charge me £5 per statement as per their t and cs, when I raised the point that a DPA should only cost a tenner they said that I did not request, and what is more their terms were not referring to a DPA, we can charge what we like for them in a free economy.
                              Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X