• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank passing info to DCA's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank passing info to DCA's

Hi,

some time ago I sent a CCA request to my bank for the original overdraft agreement

They did not question the request, merely stated they did not have it as the account was opened so long ago

I left the account due to bank charges and they have been chasing for sometime on the full balance but in most cases I just ignore and have even invited them to take court action, which they have failed to do

They have involved numerous DCA's, all of which have sent me many forests worth of letters with the usual threats of "you have 7 days to pay or we MAY start legal action" in various cycles of the same rubbish, over and over

My question surrounds the legality of the bank passing my details to the DCA's when they have admitted they have no agreement?

Can I actually take action against the bank, forcing them to stop passing my details from DCA to DCA?

Thanks all

Re: Bank passing info to DCA's

Unfortunately, even though they do not have a copy of the original agreement, the alleged debt still exists.

Presumably, they have not provided to you the inception terms and conditions either?

Information re: the account can only be processed for six years;
    six years from the date of the first default.

At the end of the day, the only way this matter can be resolved is for you to log a complaint with the ICO. However, prior to doing this you need to study the ICO technical guidance about the registering defaults with the CRA's

Comment

This is similar to my own case, a credit card from ScabbyAbbey, sent to a DCA, Lowells, some real downmarket scumbags.

I asked for a CCA and like you, there were no records. I told Lowells,' no CCA, no liabilty". They closed the account and wrote off 10 thousand quid!

Since then, banks are allowed to reconstitute CCAs but I note your bank did not do so.

Keep that letter where they say they don't have a CCA.

Put the account in disputer, dpn't deal with any DCAs. Use the prior dispute with OC templ letter.

Case solved.
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

I have seen this statement before but, being an old git, I must admit I do not understand it. Can you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by debtisbad View Post
          This is similar to my own case, a credit card from ScabbyAbbey, sent to a DCA, Lowells, some real downmarket scumbags.

I asked for a CCA and like you, there were no records. I told Lowells,' no CCA, no liabilty". They closed the account and wrote off 10 thousand quid!

Since then, banks are allowed to reconstitute CCAs but I note your bank did not do so.

Keep that letter where they say they don't have a CCA.

Put the account in disputer, dpn't deal with any DCAs. Use the prior dispute with OC templ letter.

Case solved.

I've used similar tactics to this myself (with similar great results I might add!)

Like you say, the recent rulings re reconstituted agreements seem to have made them think they can get away with anything

Time for a few short, sharp shocks methinks!

Just had soem success with another bank that already made a tomling re a court case some 3 years ago that resulted in £0 and an agreement not to pass data - 2 months ago a DCA sent a letter saying theyd been sold the account

so I -

1) Told the DCA to Foxtrot Oscar

2) Issued a claim against Mr Bank citing the tonlin agreement and claiming general damages

Result -

A fair few £ and a written apology from Mr Bank!

Comment

Originally posted by FCC View Post

I have seen this statement before but, being an old git, I must admit I do not understand it. Can you explain?
            Under The Data Protection Act 1998, information about a default held by the CRA's can only be processed for six years, form the date of the first default registered.

If, the information is processed for longer than the specified time (six years) that would be a breach of Act, as the information being processed would be considered excessive.

Comment

yes and creditors then sometimes change account numbers so that it stays on for a furtrher 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                yes and creditors then sometimes change account numbers so that it stays on for a furtrher 6 years

Account numbers are often changed at charge off. The change of account number has no relevance, in relation to information that is processed under the DPA!

Comment

Thanks for that, regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X