• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

teram and Subject Access Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subject Access Request

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    There was no attachment on the email I'm afraid. I have emailed you back with some suggestions.

Also, check the file size, if it is too large it wont email or upload.

update.....I found the original docx file and have reformatted it, the filesize was too large

Oh thanks everso, can you tell me what I do with it now? do I just leave it where you have uploaded it. Or do I have to do anything with it for the legal beagles to comment on?

Comment

Re: Subject Access Request

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Thanks Tools.
      Hi Amethyst, thanks for your help and Tools for sorting out my upload problem. I asked Tools this same question, but think perhaps, I should have asked you. Can you tell me how to link this upload with my original question which contained the details and reasons why I would like the advice. Many thanks in advance Amethyst.x

Comment

Re: tgrindy and Subject Access Request

Tgrindy it looks to me like the info is all here. As Amethyst asked in post #5, have you missed any of the monthly instalments? Are you up to date with all payments?
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Okay, just had a close look at the statments, and it appears that the balance of 1151.23 owing was as at 29.03.2008. So obviously any payments you have made since then are not shown. You need an up to date statement to see what the current balance is. Also, there are quite a few reversed payments (were these dd's bounced by your bank?) and a few months where it appears the correct payment was not made. There is a period at the end of the statement where it doesn't look like any payments have been made at all?
        Last edited by WendyB; 19th January 2010, 13:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Is no longer here

Comment

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
          Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          Tgrindy it looks to me like the info is all here. As Amethyst asked in post #5, have you missed any of the monthly instalments? Are you up to date with all payments?[/FONT]
          [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']------------------------------- merged -------------------------------[/FONT]
          [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Okay, just had a close look at the statments, and it appears that the balance of 1151.23 owing was as at 29.03.2008. So obviously any payments you have made since then are not shown. You need an up to date statement to see what the current balance is. Also, there are quite a few reversed payments (were these dd's bounced by your bank?) and a few months where it appears the correct payment was not made. There is a period at the end of the statement where it doesn't look like any payments have been made at all?
          [/FONT]
          [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
          [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hi WendyB, there were several occasions when I was out of work for long stretches and advised them but they still continued applying to the bank for the money. It took some time to reduce my payment to the minimum 1 pound and of course they continued charging. Date 29.03.2008 I believe is when they handed over or sold the account to DCA, I requested SAR from HFC in September but I am having a bit of a problem with them as they insist they cannot disclose any details until I send them my original Passport or Driving Licence. I opposed this as they have been quite happy to deal with me before and I have not changed address or anything. So I am still waiting and therefore do not know for what amount they sold on my account. I am wondering what the debit adjustments mean as well. Do you think then that I am truly liable to pay such a large sum back considering the original loan amount and the amount I have actually paid them? [/FONT]

Comment

well, it looks to me from the statements that you have paid approx 780 or thereabouts, up to March 08, not sure where your figure of 1005 in an earlier post comes from? Unless this includes payments since March 2008?. They have continued to apply interest, there are also admin charges which seemed to be taken off then reapplied later in a lump sum.

Which DCA is nvolved, and what contact have you had with the DCA so far?

It might be esier if you started from the beginning and itemised exactly what has happened so far and what the current situation is.
            Is no longer here

Comment

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Yes on recounting I have paid 939.64 back and not 1005. Why did they reapply admin charges. The debt was sold to T B I Financial May 2009 (although their statement shows a credit of 10 in Feb 2009) this statement was sent to me after applying for the CCA and before that it was in the hands of Westcott Agency. TBI say I owe them 1,121.23 and and say if I pay less than the agreed payment it is likely to take me longer and may cost me more to pay off the debt under the Agreement. I am still awaiting the SAR from HFC. I told HFC when I was unemployed and the same with Westcott and TBI, unfortunately I have been very unlucky with employment but these companies I have found also uncooperative with my requests during these times of unemployment. I did write to TBI the MMTips CCA request asking the letters and deeds of assignment etc but only receive a copy of the loan request and the said statement saying I had only paid them 10 pound. I would like to clear myself of debts but the amounts just appear to increase. Can I request the admin charges reapplied to be reconsidered. [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I am not sure where to start with this. [/FONT]

Comment

well, it looks to me from the statements that you have paid approx 780 or thereabouts, up to March 08, not sure where your figure of 1005 in an earlier post comes from? Unless this includes payments since March 2008?. They have continued to apply interest, there are also admin charges which seemed to be taken off then reapplied later in a lump sum.

Which DCA is nvolved, and what contact have you had with the DCA so far?

It might be esier if you started from the beginning and itemised exactly what has happened so far and what the current situation is.
                Yes on recounting I have paid 939.64 back and not 1005. Why did they reapply admin charges. The debt was sold to T B I Financial May 2009 (although their statement shows a credit of 10 in Feb 2009) this statement was sent to me after applying for the CCA and before that it was in the hands of Westcott Agency. TBI say I owe them 1,121.23 and and say if I pay less than the agreed payment it is likely to take me longer and may cost me more to pay off the debt under the Agreement. I am still awaiting the SAR from HFC. I told HFC when I was unemployed and the same with Westcott and TBI, unfortunately I have been very unlucky with employment but these companies I have found also uncooperative with my requests during these times of unemployment. I did write to TBI the MMTips CCA request asking the letters and deeds of assignment etc but only receive a copy of the loan request and the said statement saying I had only paid them 10 pound. I would like to clear myself of debts but the amounts just appear to increase. Can I request the admin charges reapplied to be reconsidered. [/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I am not sure where to start with this.

Comment

Hi tgrindy,

Was the £10 for the SAR?
                  If so, then I would send a copy of the original request with a covering letter asking them why,if they require further proof of your identity, are they disclosing personal data to you!
                  Remind them they have 40 days to comply & clock started ticking when the £10 was paid - keep copies & proof of postage
                  Perhaps I am suspicious,but it would seem that they are a bit evasive about revealing info.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I've read of instances where, despite previous communication with companies holding personal data, as soon as you 'SAR' them, they suddenly want proof of your identity. (Driving license, passport etc.)

IMO, with reference to sect. 4 of the DPA Legal Guidance, this would not be 'reasonable'.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for the advice charitynjw, may this sect.4 be quoted in correspondence to the company?

Comment

I don't see why not!

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21779

Proof of postage is always good (though if they've sent the SAR back to you, it proves that they must have received it )
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X