• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

online Message conversation recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online Message conversation recovery

Hi Guys I am in dispute with Virgin Airways at the moment and am requesting the online conversations I had with their support team regarding cancellation of a flight booking. This has been ongoing and as there is no way of saving the live chat at the time. I am requesting the conversation I had back in february 15th. I have my flight booking reference that we were chastting about. Virgin have come back to me and are asking for the specific time stamp of the conversation the full namre of the preson and the date it took place. They say without this they cant recover the messages. How do I stand legally regarding access to this data as the content proves my case I am bringing. Needless to say back the when I was having this conversation I was not expecting to be where I am today.

Regards
    Steve
    Tags: None

Regards the chat, dd the chat platform ask you to enter your full name before the chat commenced?

If so you could send them a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they have in your name. You can narrow down the data search, give the day, approx time, e.g. between 1.00pm - 2.00pm etc. You will be the only Joe Bloggs they would have spoken to on that day. Yes, they would have to search for it, but it should be too 'burdensome'.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

You could also contact the ICO, if BA are still being 'unhelpful'.

Section 75 might be helpful regards obtaining a refund, providing you meet the criteria.

Top tip, just copy and paste the chat in 'notepad' in future. I always do that.

From their website:

Requesting a copy of your personal information

Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by British Airways Plc. There is no fee for this request.

The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
    • Your name and postal address

Any details which may help us locate the information you are requesting, for example:
    • Booking reference or flight numbers and dates
    • Executive Club number
    • Telephone recording details (identifier number, the number you call from, the number and option you dialled, the date and time of your call(s)).

You must also provide:
    • a photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity
    • your signature and the date of the request
    • signed authority from the individual whose data is required if you are applying on their behalf

Please send your request to:

Data Protection Manager
    British Airways Plc
    Waterside (HCB3)
    PO Box 365
    Harmondsworth
    UB7 0GB
    England

So all they really need is your name and address, but they would appreciate more info, if you have it.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X