• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citizens Advice staff facing redundancies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Citizens Advice staff facing redundancies

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Thank you I hope so too. I wanted to volunteer for CAB to gain experience face to face and basically help them out, but sadly got turned down due to LB being a conflict of interests. That's what spurred me on to do this degree as unfortunately any experience and skills I have picked up from here can;t be used in applications for work or even for volunteering.

What do you have a degree in and what area are you working in? To see if you want to move over to advice work I really would recommend some time volunteering at CAB if you can fit it in your day, as they do need people and it gives a very good insight into how the advice sector works and is tied by red tape lol. Even going along for a 'taster' interview is an interesting and useful experience.
    Hi Amethyst

Turned down by the CAB??

Another time, another place maybe

Comment

What do you have a degree in and what area are you working in?
      lol. Degree and Ph.D in Physics.

So not exactly related. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Latch Key Kid View Post
        Hi

This is good news in my opinion -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...nment-reverses

An extract below -

The move to continue funding, which will be announced by business secretary Vince Cable on Saturday, should go some way to abating concerns that fee charging debt advice services will fill the gap, selling expensive and often inappropriate financial products such as individual voluntary arrangements to those who can least afford them.

"Last week, a fee charging firm called Debt Free Direct sent out a press release claiming to offer free advice. Its director and insolvency practitioner, Nicola Teader, said: "There is absolutely no need for debtors to go it alone, just because funding has been withdrawn from the Citizens Advice network. We ourselves provide free advice, which can arm someone in debt with all the knowledge they need to decide on the course of action they can take."

"We only charge a fee if we administer a debt management plan, individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) or procedure."

I wonder, before this somewhat premature comment was made, if Nicola had read the recent OFT and Financial Ombudsman Service Reports?

Perhaps Nicola or any other representitives of fee charging debt management or IVA companies with similar opinions would now like to come on this open forum to debate and voice their views.
        Hi

Thought not -

They seem to have gone quiet 'again' all of a sudden.

What a shame.
        Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 17th February 2011, 00:45:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
          lol. Degree and Ph.D in Physics.

So not exactly related. :o
          Clever sod xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Clever sod xx
            Maybe. Maybe not. That is debatable.

Certainly didn't give me much common sense (until perhaps recently), and certainly didn't stop me getting myself into deep debt doo-doo. Oops! :o

Comment

Response to the FOI request I sent on Feb 4th

Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd March 2011, 15:04:PM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I can't access the attachments but I take it that the e-mails aren't particularly interesting?

Comment

They would be if they weren't redacted lol, as per usual.

you really need to get adobe reader on your computer xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

emails...

#staysafestayhome

Comment

They would be if they weren't redacted lol, as per usual.

you really need to get adobe reader on your computer xx
                      I have woman!

It's your bloody website!

Comment

letter...

#staysafestayhome

Comment

hurummpphh....works for me lol. I'll ask Jules to have a look later xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Honestly, don't worry - Jules tried before. If I need to see any files I'll scream.

So are you pleased? Looks quite good to me.

Comment

mmmmm, well we figured most of that out already, and I don't know why that letter had to be so secret.

Would like more info on the face to face delivery of the MAS (hehe sorry 'The Service').
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

hurummpphh....works for me lol. I'll ask Jules to have a look later xx
                                I can access and read the pdfs OK.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X