• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK unemployment drops to 2.45 million

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK unemployment drops to 2.45 million

The number of people unemployed in the UK fell by 20,000 to 2.45 million in the three months to August.
    The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has reported that the overall UK unemployment rate fell to 7.7% from 7.8%. Male unemployment fell by 56,000 on the quarter to reach 1.44 million but female unemployment increased by 36,000 on the quarter to reach 1.01 million.
    However, the number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance (the claimant count) increased by 5,300 between August and September 2010 to reach 1.47 million. This is the second consecutive monthly increase in the number of claimants. The increase in the total claimant count was mainly due to a rise of 4,200 in the number of female claimants to reach 431,000, the number of male claimants increased by 1,100 to reach 1.04 million.
    Within the UK, the jobless rate in Wales fell to 8.2% from 9.1%, in England it dropped to 7.7% from 7.8% and in Northern Ireland it fell to 7% from 7.1%. The trend has no continued in Scotland where the rate increased from 8.2% to 8.6%.
    Across the UK, the number of people employed increased by 178,000 in the three months to August, the ONS said. The ONS figures also showed that average earnings in August were 1.7% higher than a year ago.
    For further information visit the Office for National Statistics website.

More...

Re: UK unemployment drops to 2.45 million

I wonder how long that will last not long i think and i have my doubts as to how true that is as the gov and private sector are making many thousand redundant and there will be many IB claimants put on to jsa
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    20,000 wow thats a lot Lloyds have just said another 14,000 are to go
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14th October 2010, 09:16:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X