• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS Ombudsman Final Decisions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FOS Ombudsman Final Decisions

Strangley enough the following also relates to a complaint against YORKSHIRE BANK

Several years ago a complaint I lodged with BOS (now FOS) was substantially upheld, however I rejected the recommended F & F compensation because I was unable to identify exactly what had/had not been investigated
    I sent a SAR to Ombudsman and a huge bundle of data they provided in response was a real eye opener. I discovered lots of fraudulent/dishonest info they had obtained from the other party that I had never had sight of before.
    Due to the nature of this info I contacted the Police, but its no surprise that they were totally disinterested and deemed it to be a civil matter, adding that if there was any criminal element involved the Ombudsman would report it to the Police

I then asked the Ombudsman how they dealt with any criminal action they identified whilst investigating, Ombudsman confirmed that it did not and it had never reported any criminal activity to the Police that it discovered during the course of its investigations.
    Last edited by CYNthesys; 26th January 2016, 07:50:AM.

Comment

Hi can amethyst help me get my Fos decision uploaded please I'm intersested to see what you think. It's blah to me!
      Thank You
      KG
      xxx

Comment

Disregard!

(how the heck do you do the @name whassitcalled! - I did receive instructions from a computer expert (who shall remain nameless, ain't that right, Amethyst) :tinysmile_twink_t2:, but I still can't get it!
        [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] ?? JUST put @ at the beginning of the name... it doesn't show as a link until you submit the post !!!
        Last edited by Amethyst; 27th January 2016, 08:14:AM.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by skintmember View Post
          Hi can amethyst help me get my Fos decision uploaded please I'm intersested to see what you think. It's blah to me!
          admin@legalbeagles.info xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you I have sent it.
            Thank You
            KG
            xxx

Comment

Pity.

Is there any evidence of complaints about any of the issues being made inside the 6 years ?

( note: you couldn't upload it to the forum as it was 8.5mb - which is quite big - forum limit is 4mb I believe)
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do you mean from 1994?+ 6 years time limits up until up until year 2000 no because he had assumed it was standing fee charge for having his overdraft? wasn't until 2009 it went down to £1.66 he went to into the bank to complain about thr gym or tmti taking money from his account.( he didn't complain he inquired about sfc asking what it was for and why the amounts had changed.
                YB said they didn't have a clue what it was? This led him to think it was shares or an insurance policy.
                someone must have given him the standing order bank details in 2010 as its written on a 2010 statement.

how else would we have known the account number it was going into.
                he spoke to a woman via telephone banking who advised him that he maybe shouldn't cancel it if he thinks it's an investment. after two years he did cancelled it 2011 as no one in the bank could tell him.
                (I mean if we had if used Internet banking we could have looked up the sort code account number. We were not savvy enough to actually do this as YB internet banking is the pants!

We have proof he did inquire about it in 2014 we taped the conversation and the lady a long term employee swerved the question do you mean ccp.. Ect
                But gave us another Halifax standing order or direct debit account number she couldn't help with Sfc the thing is they were so unhelpful and never offered any advice how to find out. He asked well should I go to branch will they be able to help? She said yes!
                so he went to the bank a few days later he got a print outs of direct debits and standing orders the fellow told him they couldn't say what it was as it had been cancelled longer than 6 months as they disappear from the system after this time.

Can the bank change a standing order without his consent.?
                Thank You
                KG
                xxx

Comment

A standing order is usually set up by the account holder (ie he sets up a regular payment to the recipient) , a Direct Debit is set up by the recipient ( as they claim the money from the bank)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.u...?FileID=105999

The FOS.................really said/wrote this
                    Attached Files

Comment

We've got a cracking Ombudsman's decision coming up which should be published after 10 March, although as things stand it's only provisional.

In brief it concerns a sec 75 claim against Capital One for the refund of up-front fees paid to a CMC. The issue was whether the fees were meant to be refundable.

The original sec 75 claim was rejected by Capital One, so we went to FOS who provisionally rejected it, then after further submissions partially upheld it. We then appealed to the Ombudsman who provisionally partially upheld it a bit more and we pushed and pushed and he's now provisionally upheld it in full.

Comment

http://www.cii.co.uk/knowledge/claim...mbudsman/40017

Caroline Wayman puts in a smooth performance replying to some very gentle questions from Anthony Gould of the Chartered Insurance Institute.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          We've got a cracking Ombudsman's decision coming up which should be published after 10 March, although as things stand it's only provisional.

In brief it concerns a sec 75 claim against Capital One for the refund of up-front fees paid to a CMC. The issue was whether the fees were meant to be refundable.

The original sec 75 claim was rejected by Capital One, so we went to FOS who provisionally rejected it, then after further submissions partially upheld it. We then appealed to the Ombudsman who provisionally partially upheld it a bit more and we pushed and pushed and he's now provisionally upheld it in full.
                          If you would be so kind......................please (update)

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                            If you would be so kind......................please (update)
                            We're still waiting on the final decision but I've put the redacted provisional decision in VIP here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...133#post632133

I'll post up the earlier decisions & Beagle's responses to them when we get the final one.

Comment

All "Swift" FOS decisions since Jan 2016, I note the Ombudsman,is, getting a little braver than in the past;

They are not required by the terms of the agreement to reduce interest in line with the BOE (or any other reliable tracker) so the FOS can not do anything as usual. Yet they keep on endorsing these companies by writing as much.............how very fair & impartial of them when, it is exactly this that is causing such one sided misery. Is a contract not an agreement between parties whereby both or more parties to that agreement have equal rights.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Fred; 26th March 2016, 14:12:PM.

Comment

I have not seen any positives from the FOS as yet. Just seems to be another bureaucratic entity.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X