• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The EU referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The EU referendum

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    This cartoon in the Eye really sums it up for me.

Nobody really knows the facts at all and the decision to vote either in or out is really just a punt.
    Id disagree there slightly, we are gambling if we leave. If we stay we know what we have, we know where we stand, we know what needs to be done to reform.

Let me also say, that when i see people referring to the Australian system for immigration being touted as a good replacement, id say that those advocating it obviously havent been to Australia, as someone with dual nationality i can say that Oz has its own immigration problems, and their system had problems, at least that how i see it from my personal experiences.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
      Wales were simply amazing and what an achievement for the record they broke. As for England, not brilliant. For all the alleged talent that England has, to expect a 1-0 scrape through win against Russia is just not good enough. Russia are fighters they're simply a good team; Slovakia are a good team; Wales have proven to be fighters also which makes them a threat and potentially a very good team. What can we say about England, do they want it badly enough. On a Saturday the premier league is alive and full of energy, on the international stage be it the Euro or World Cup and England do not seeming to have the fire in their bellies.
      Pretty sure Russia drew with England in the 3 minutes injury time...
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wales were simply amazing and what an achievement for the record they broke. As for England, not brilliant. For all the alleged talent that England has, to expect a 1-0 scrape through win against Russia is just not good enough. Russia are fighters they're simply a good team; Slovakia are a good team; Wales have proven to be fighters also which makes them a threat and potentially a very good team. What can we say about England, do they want it badly enough. On a Saturday the premier league is alive and full of energy, on the international stage be it the Euro or World Cup and England do not seeming to have the fire in their bellies.
        Perhaps the tactics were not ideal? Harry Kane on corner duty? Hey why not put Sterling in goal and Hart on the wing?

Its hard to criticise the team when those making the tactical decisions seem to struggle to tell the difference between their ass and their elbow.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Pretty sure Russia drew with England in the 3 minutes injury time...
          Manchester United secured many of their victories in injury time. The Russians are giants so will obviously do better in the air, hence their fortunate goal. A draw is better than a loss but England do not do well with psychology as their international record is simply abysmal. Look at the last World Cup. I think the problems really is about psychology and not necessarily talent but to extent problems with tactics. Rooney is a striker ergo he can hit the target and nearly scored on a one hit volley. If the system works, why change it ie Dier's amazing free kick into the left centre of the Russian's goal. He should have taken the next one too as clearly Kane was not on great form. Rooney made some excellent feeder balls but feeding the strikers doesn't win games without goal, not with his proven record at scoring goals anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            Id disagree there slightly, we are gambling if we leave. If we stay we know what we have, we know where we stand, we know what needs to be done to reform.

Let me also say, that when i see people referring to the Australian system for immigration being touted as a good replacement, id say that those advocating it obviously havent been to Australia, as someone with dual nationality i can say that Oz has its own immigration problems, and their system had problems, at least that how i see it from my personal experiences.
            We don't know the facts as this really is an unprecedented thing, in that the world has changed since 1972 when the UK signed up to EU control etc. The Oxford economists have presented a 9 case assessment scenario for hypothetical situations, and some Americans economists think being in the EU is to our detriment as it impedes the World Trade Organisation and trade to other countries owing to being locked in the EU. We simply do not have a good or useful comparator as any actual equivalents are affected by other variables.

Comment

We don't know the facts as this really is an unprecedented thing, in that the world has changed since 1972 when the UK signed up to EU control etc. The Oxford economists have presented a 9 case assessment scenario for hypothetical situations, and some Americans economists think being in the EU is to our detriment as it impedes the World Trade Organisation and trade to other countries owing to being locked in the EU. We simply do not have a good or useful comparator as any actual equivalents are affected by other variables.
              Agreed, but you wouldnt crash a car into a wall just to see if it could be repaired to the same standard as before, so why take a risk which could have severe consequences not just for us but for our kids? and why would you want Boris in charge? Id rather have Trump or Putin than Boris.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                Agreed.

Comment

At the last referendum did anyone predicate what would happen after the vote and get it right? This time both sides are spouting out theories on what will happen either way no doubt they will not get it right

Comment

Originally posted by Ripped-Off View Post
                    What an absolute load of bo77ock$. Please don't patronise me with comments like 'stimuli (stimulates the senses)'. You really are a narcissist!
                    It's that kind of arrogance that makes people dislike you, and believe me there seem to be quite a few on here. Were you bullied at school?

I bet you weren't even born when the Maastricht Treaty was signed, which is the 1992 treaty you refer to. Poland and the rest were not part of the EU then so don't play the 'blame the tory' card. At the time most of European countries had similar economies until the poorer Eastern European countries joined and the rest is history, which you will no doubt explain in your own narcissistic way.
                    Stop all this ad hominem if you're too emotional leave the debate. Emotionality does not belong in debate. I used the term stimuli in the psychological sense. How is that being condescending? If you feel patronised by my vocabulary I apologise for that, but I am nevertheless entitled to my opinion based on my education. I have not just studied law. Why is it arrogance to make inferences - do you know anything about British history? Do you know anything about the previous elitist generation ie the eugenics, the Galton's human laboratories? Whether I was born before the Maastricht Treaty or not is non sequitur to the point I made. What did I say that was so offensive? Do you ever see me attack people personally, no why well it owes I am not so superficial to care what people on this website or forum think about me, water off a duck's back. I do not attack people personally because I am objective. You allude you're Tory, this would explains your emotional over-reaction because you think I am attacking the Tories. Trust me when I want to attack the Tories I will not make allusions i'll state my case verbatim. Now, the bullying point, how is that remotely relevant whether I or persons on this forum were or have been bullied.
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 13th June 2016, 16:32:PM.

Comment

Anyone got boxing gloves for these 2?

Comment

All this Latin that's being posted has some Senator from the occupation of " Britannia" by the Romans get resurrected.
                        Sparkie

Comment

All this Latin that's being posted has some Senator from the occupation of " Britannia" by the Romans get resurrected.
                          Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            Sparkie
                            Yes & what did the Romans ever do for us ? :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                              Yes & what did the Romans ever do for us ? :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                              Hadrian's wall?

Roads?

The Good King Wenceslas Pizza?
                              (Deep pan, crisp & even!)

eep:
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X