• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to Justice should mean access for all not just those with large bank balances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access to Justice should mean access for all not just those with large bank balan

Ive signed the petition

People, we need you to make submissions to the Commons Select committee who are considering the fee increases, also we need people who use the system to say to the MOJ the effects these increases would have on people

ill drop some links in here shortly.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Re: Access to Justice should mean access for all not just those with large bank balan

Signed
      They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Im more than willing to make submissions based on my experiences, but would probably need a little help witht the wording as Im not as sharp as I used to be. Lots of documentary evidence to back up my submissions

Comment

Consultation thread is http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...575#post562575
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I couldn't sign but I have to be honest and say the problems are far deeper rooted than a fee payment. I read PT's blog about his parents plight and the truth of the matter is that the same things are still happening now and if the issues of the financial industry being able to use their financial clout to ride roughshod over the legal system could be addressed properly then there wouldn't be such a great need to pay any fees because there wouldn't be such a big injustice to fight. The fees should be kept low, don't get me wrong, justice isn't for profit makers it's for morality and fairness but make the decisions made by the industries greater than just profit and loss and make the people who make the decisions more accountable for their actions and maybe there wouldn't be a need to fight so many similar and floored cases.

Comment

Whilst I agree entirely with the sentiment, do these petitions make any difference? (Have signed it anyway).

ETA: Said I'd signed it but then can't bloody find it on the petitions website.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                I couldn't sign but I have to be honest and say the problems are far deeper rooted than a fee payment. I read PT's blog about his parents plight and the truth of the matter is that the same things are still happening now and if the issues of the financial industry being able to use their financial clout to ride roughshod over the legal system could be addressed properly then there wouldn't be such a great need to pay any fees because there wouldn't be such a big injustice to fight. The fees should be kept low, don't get me wrong, justice isn't for profit makers it's for morality and fairness but make the decisions made by the industries greater than just profit and loss and make the people who make the decisions more accountable for their actions and maybe there wouldn't be a need to fight so many similar and floored cases.
                If people dont speak up how can we expect our voices to be heard? whether its signing a petition or whether its writing to your MP or even writing to the MOJ themselves, if we stay silent we cannot expect anyone to take notice.

Just think, if everyone else stayed silent? there would be no opposition at all to the hikes. I dont want anyone to go through what i went through, i know it still happens but if we can make a difference then we must at least try otherwise whats the point?
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Sorry when I said I couldn't sign I meant because it was closed to signatures not that I wouldn't. Nobody should keep silent and fees should be kept low but if we could stop the abuse of process carried out in these cases then maybe the courts would be able to spend more time properly assessing the cases left and individuals wouldn't have to find the fees. With a lot of the financial cases the banks/institutions are making business decisions more than legal ones in the respect of what would we win or lose. In the gas industry the individual as well as the company are responsible for their actions and this should be the case in other industries. At the moment it seems that the punishment they receive for bringing dud cases and abusing their victims is purely financial which is just written off as a lose to those who can afford it but is devastating for those that can't. Never a level playing field especially when one side can afford better representation as well. I am convinced that when these places get fined they just re-finance if needed and then find ways to get their customers (the victims) to pay the fines. When they go to court they bank on the fact that they haven't got a good case but they are unlikely to challenged anyway so the few times they do and lose is nothing compared to the amount they win.

Comment

Signed it. I bet an alarm goes off every time my email address pops up at Westminster! I got a note informing me my local MP is Rt Hon David Jones MP. To put it mildly we are known to each other. First name terms you might say except that he refers to me as a pain in the a**e and I refer to him as that useless weasel faced ****.
                    In 1984 I stood and supported a handful of Dunnes stores workers in Dublin who were sacked for refusing to handle South African produce. This began with 10 women and 1 man but support grew albeit slowly and eventually this resulted in a Ban on the importation of South African goods into the Republic of Ireland. It would be naïve to say that this brought about the end of Apartheid but the world heard about the protest and surely losing the custom of an entire country must have affected the coffers of South Africa.
                    I realised then just how powerful the voice of ordinary men and women can be.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                    ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X