• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Financial Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Financial Ltd

Hi wondered if any members might be able to offer me some support and advice.

I have received a letter from Lowell Financial Ltd, enclosed with two Standing Order Mandates. I have concerns about the mandates.

They are not on any official headed company paper and have been printed off by a machine though a possibility they may have been printed off from the Internet.

Details as follows:

Name of Payee: Lowell Portfolio l Ltd
    Address of Payee: PO BOX 1411
    NORTHAMPTON
    NN2 1BQ

Bank & Branch to which
    the payment is to be made: Natwest Bank plc
    City of London Office
    PO BOX 12258
    1 Princess Street
    London
    EC2R 8PA
    There is an Account Number and Sort code and believe they maybe for the above Bank, though not entirely certain and can provide it, if necessary.

Lowell Financial Ltd have asked that I return the Standing Order Mandate once it has been completed with my Banking Information etc, to the address at the bottom of their letter which is
    Lowell Financial Ltd, PO BOX 1411, NORTHAMPTON, NN2 1BQ

I feel this is an unusual request and concerned as PO BOX Numbers are not monitored and would be unable to send such private details by Recorded Delivery, in the event the correspondence went missing. Also, I feel there is the potential that they could change Bank Accounts, or customer Banking Information and therefore benefit from unauthorised payment/s.

I also understand from Internet searches and Information in the Public Domain, that Lowell Portfolio l Ltd is a trading name of Overdales Legal and Lowell Solicitors Limited, which Lapsed on the 31.3.2016

Internet searches have highlighted some major concerns and also read that Lowell Financial Ltd ceased trading in 2004.

Any advice and guidance would be gratefully appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Financial Ltd

Bumping this for [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

Good morning,
      Lowell Portfolio1 is a debt purchaser and part of the Lowell Group Based in Leeds, Lowell Solicitors is based at the Leeds head office and an office in Northampton.

I assume you gave a debt which is in the hands of the Lowell group?

nem

Comment

Further info:

Overdales was a "trading style" of the Lowell Group as is Lowell financial the Lowell group has gone though a " reconstruction " and some trading styles are no longer FCA licensed but operate using nominated companies as " authorised" representatives these companies are regulated and authorised by the FCA.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Bumping this for @nemesis45
        Answered [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]

nem

Comment

Hi Nem many thanks for the Info,

I wondered what members thought about the mandates, in particular. As feel its an unsual request to be asked to return them to Lowell Financial rather than take them to my bank and set up a standing order. They have purchased two debts I owe.
          I wondered if the account number on the mandates is for the Natwest Bank which is mentioned in the mandates or one they have made up. I did wonder how I could post the mandates on here and not sure how I might be able to do it or if it was ok to pos them so they can be visiably seen for members to see.. All help and assistance greatfully appreciated. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FileAway54 View Post
            They have purchased two debts I owe.
            Can you tell us a little bit more about the two debts that Lowell say you owe. Do you also think that you owe them?

Lowell buys "delinquent" debts. Sometimes (but not necessarily) these debts can be uncollectable in law. Have you checked that out?

From what you say you've endeavoured to set up two standing orders to pay them. You're understandably suspicious over the bank details which you've been given.

Di

Comment

Hi Nem many thanks for the Info,

I wondered what members thought about the mandates, in particular. As feel its an unsual request to be asked to return them to Lowell Financial rather than take them to my bank and set up a standing order. They have purchased two debts I owe.
              I wondered if the account number on the mandates is for the Natwest Bank which is mentioned in the mandates or one they have made up. I did wonder how I could post the mandates on here and not sure how I might be able to do it or if it was ok to pos them so they can be visiably seen for members to see.. All help and assistance greatfully appreciated. Many thanks
              Good morning,
              Quite a few years ago Lowell and it collection are Red Debt Collection used to send out DD mandates with every damned letter, no one should let Lowell have DD mandate it gives them far too much power over payments if one is going to pay them us a Standing Order which put you in total control when and how much is paid.

nem

Comment

I have received a letter from Lowell Financial Ltd, enclosed with two Standing Order Mandates.
                What did the letter say?

It's unusual for a creditor/debt purchaser to write to a debtor about two different accounts in one letter unless you'd asked them to simply send you the standing order forms and the reply came from admin .

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X