• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default notice due to exp in 3months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Default notice due to exp in 3months

They have contacted me with letter above on 29th fabuary last week. So i should wait to see if they contact again as have not had letter before that for a good few months?

Comment

It was a rather odd and very generic letter , to me it suggests that they know there is little they can do although I must stress that is only my impression

Personally I would try to wait it out a little longer and wait to see if they send another letter

The final decision must be yours though

If you are now in their sights I would expect another letter within 2 weeks as that seems to be what they do , a letter every two weeks for a while.
      My fear is if they see you communicating with them in any way at all they will only ramp up the pressure

Comment

Thanks NWHC
        I have the same feeling as yourself and apreciate the advice Will hang tight till i recieve another letter and go from there.

Comment

Hi have an update.
          I have just recieved a letter from barclaycard asking me to get intouch with my contact details asap and should not be ignored refrencing a 'payment break plan I hold or preciously held'.
          Do i reply to it ignore it ect?

Comment

Originally posted by kdh View Post
            Hi have an update.
            I have just recieved a letter from barclaycard asking me to get intouch with my contact details asap and should not be ignored refrencing a 'payment break plan I hold or preciously held'.
            Do i reply to it ignore it ect?
            Barclays/Barclaycard has been contacting customer over various " errors" with accounts some resulting in repayments of fees/charges so it's worth the contact, but do it in writing.

nem

Comment

Ok thanks and this will not affect my debt going Sb?

Comment

Originally posted by kdh View Post
                Ok thanks and this will not affect my debt going Sb?
                The debt becoming statute barred is not the same as it being removed from credit files after 6 years, that depends on if at any point in the relevant 6 year period any payment of written acknowledgment of the debt has been made or a county court claim issued.

Requests for information are not acknowledgments of a debt.

nem

Comment

It's worth noting that Barclay's files and paperwork are often incomplete. I had a massive card debt written off due to their inability to prove it. I also did not get any warning of the CCJ. I challenged them without any of the knowledge I've since gained on here and the magistrate was more than sympathetic and Barclays had to pay all costs. Sending the CCA and using S.78 (credit cards) in the template puts everything on hold for 12+2 days. If they don't produce the correct paperwork which will include the original Morgan Stanley contract, then the cedit card debt is unenforceable. This means they are most unlikely to gain a CCJ against you as the Court will know they haven't any proof and you don't have enough information to defend yourself.
                  But I would wait until they strat pressuring you - so far they are just trying the ploy of getting you to contact them - do that by phone and you are LOST!!!!. If they start to get serious, send the CCA letter using the library template (delete from the text S77 & s79 and use S78). Each CCA letter per creditor has to be accompanied by a £1 postal order with the words "For statutory fee use only".
                  It's very simple.
                  But I agree that your debt looks really close to being Statute Barred. Don't pay anything otherwise you will start a new 6-year cycle.
                  Wingco
                  Last edited by Wingco; 11th March 2016, 21:15:PM. Reason: Typos again!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X