• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Final Salary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Salary

Hi All,
    I'm new here and hope you don't mind me jumping straight in with a question...
    Ok so last week I resigned from my job as a manager in a hotel. The terms of my contract meant that I had to give three weeks' notice, meaning that I am due to leave on the 9th of next month.
    I get paid on the last working day of each month.
    I have recently been on holiday and so have used up my holiday entitlement, meaning that I 'owe' the company two days. All of that is fine and I expected these two days to be deducted from my final salary (the nine days that I work in March). However, today I have been informed that the deductions have been made from my February pay, and not my final salary.
    I will, of course, be working my full notice period so it makes no difference in theory which pay it is deducted from. However, I need a full pay packet this month in order to cover bills and such like and can't afford to lose the £100 that will be coming out.
    My question is this- can they make this deduction from the February pay without my consent and if not, what advice could you give me to ensure that I am paid in full this month?
    Any help and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.
    Chris
    Tags: None

Re: Final Salary

There should be a clause in your contract permitting your employer to recoup overpaid holiday entitlement. Could you type the exact wording here?

Comment

Thanks for the reply :-)
      I don't have it to hand but I'm aware that they are able to make deductions, I accept that. The issue is more the fact that it is coming from this month's salary and not my final nine days. I really needed the full sum this month.

Comment

What I was getting at is:
        1. There needs to be a clause in your contract, or another relevant written agreement, permitting holiday entitlement recoupment. Otherwise they can't make the deduction at all.
        2. If there is such a clause it should specify whether, as in most contracts, it can only be taken from the final wage payment.

Comment

Have you spoken to them stating that you would prefer it to be deducted from the March final pay?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X