• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I have to pay VAT after TOGC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to pay VAT after TOGC?

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I rent a small commercial unit and have just been informed that the landlord has sold it. In my current lease, which is up for renewal in May, it states that no VAT is added to the rent. The new landlords, who own many industrial estates, have just informed me that they now require VAT to be added. Do I have to now pay VAT even though the lease I signed says it won't be added? I'm not VAT registered and it's just another expense I could do without. Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Do I have to pay VAT after TOGC?

Was the previous landlord VAT registered or did the Lease state no VAT payable?
    If they were not registered they could not charge VAT if the new Landlord is they unless the lease states different they can charge VAT.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the current lease states 'no VAT' and the old landlord wansnt registered. The news ones are but does this mean my old lease became void upon sale? I was hoping that the terms of the old lease would apply until renewal (where they will apply the new VAT terms).

Comment

It would have to say no VAT as he was not registerd good chance you will now have to pay.
        Can you ask the Solicitor you used to check the Lease.

Comment

Will have a good read through this evening and see where to go from there. Thank you for your advise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X