• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling trades gateaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling trades gateaway

Hi
    Tonight I signed up for trades gateway but never knew very much about it I just assumed that it would be a pay as you go sort of thing but after signing paper work I realise they applied to take a loan of 8000 our in my name over 43 months!! So I phoned up the finance and told them to cancel it even though my details had not been put on the system yet but do I need to phone trades gateways them self to cancel it as well?? I have emailed them telling them that I entend to cancel just need to wait till Monday till I can speak to someone on the phone
    Just need to advice on the matter
    Tags: None

Re: Cancelling trades gateaway

Originally posted by McGeeee1 View Post
    Hi
    Tonight I signed up for trades gateway but never knew very much about it I just assumed that it would be a pay as you go sort of thing but after signing paper work I realise they applied to take a loan of 8000 our in my name over 43 months!! So I phoned up the finance and told them to cancel it even though my details had not been put on the system yet but do I need to phone trades gateways them self to cancel it as well?? I have emailed them telling them that I entend to cancel just need to wait till Monday till I can speak to someone on the phone
    Just need to advice on the matter
    Hi put the cancellation in writing by signed for post ist thing tomorrow.

nem

Comment

A will do I have noted down names and times of phone calls and people I've spoke to

Comment

There should be a bit on the bottom of the pink sheet that you fill in and send to them. Also send a cancellation letter to the finance company as back up. I realise you have spoken to them but do both in writing as well. This is a must.

Did the salesman not explain it was a loan you were taking out?

Did he visit once or twice ?

Also, if you get a chance, make a complaint to the FCA please as Trades Gateway are not allowed to canvass off of trade premises.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ah might not be the pink one looks something like this though

Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This is their authorisation for reference.
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also, who are the finance company in this case ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

It's careers finance something av not got the sheet in front of me just now and twice yesterday and today they never explain nothing just that there was a fee of 38 pound a month which a thought would be under as standing order nothing about loans was said

Comment

It's career finance trade skills ltd

Comment

CF4TS do have the right to canvas off trade premises ... was the person who visited you from TG or CF4TS ? Did he leave you with copies of the documents and is there any chance you could photograph / scan them and send them to me/post them on here ( MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FIRST!) ( my email is admin@legalbeagles.info )

Once you have sent off your cancellation bits and made sure you are sorted, you could make a complaint to the FCA about the selling method and the not being informed that you were signing away £8k over the next few years ( £186 per month btw )
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

For ref.

> Consumers wishing to make a complaint about this firm relating to the loan can do so by using the process highlighted in the link below:
                      > http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/comp...ow-to-complain
                      >
                      > With regard to canvassing of trade premises, our definition of this phrase can be found here (please expand the relevant selection):
                      > https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...?starts-with=C
                      >
                      > If a consumer feels what the firm has done would meet this definition then we would appreciate it if they could make us aware as this could then potentially indicate the firm conducting activity they do not have permissions for. We would then use this information for intelligence purposes and escalate it to the appropriate department; however we would not be able to provide any feedback to consumers in relation any potential investigation that may take place as a result.
                      The link to the glossary is a bit crap and slow - but it says

160(a) an activity by an individual ("the canvasser") of soliciting the entry of another individual ("B") into an agreement by making oral representations to B during a visit by the canvasser to any place (other than a place in (b)) where B is, being a visit made by the canvasser for the purpose of making such oral representations.
                      (b) a place where a business is carried on (whether on a permanent or temporary basis) by:
                      (i) the lender or owner ; or
                      (ii) a supplier ; or
                      (iii) the canvasser ; or
                      (iv) a person who employs the canvasser or has appointed the canvasser as an agent ; or
                      (v) B;
                      is excluded from (a).
                      Which means not in a visit to your home, basically.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X