• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Invoice dispute help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoice dispute help

Is there anyone that can help?
    i was referred to a IT support professional by a work colleague for some personal work on my computer to change email platforms and recover my current inbox.
    I was quoted by email a 2-3hour job for £60 per hour plus vat.
    A few weeks went by I chased if the job could still be done it was eventually started all by the same individual remotely on my pc in that time various emails and calls were exchanged on the process. But I did some of the work myself instructed by the individual, I also paid for my new services on line with my credit card with guidance. Anyway I chased for the invoice and when the job was complete it wasn't really finished completely there were still things outstanding of which I had to follow up with Microsoft directly, now an invoice has been sent to me 4 weeks later to the amount over £1000. I have tried to reason and say this isn't what we agreed and I got a response back saying it should have been more and this is a fair price. I have called 3 other firms to quote the cost of such a job even if there are issues and they have all been under £400, I don't know what to do she won't reason as she is saying she is 60 per hour and she told me that and did the work! But you don't just do a job and not advise the client ....helppp
    Tags: None

Re: Invoice dispute help

17 hours is one heck of a time to shuffle email accounts around!! I do this from time to time and it should not take that long. The original quote was probably about right.

If this was a quote then I would pay, say, £240 and send a copy of the quote with the cheque.

Comment

Thank you what if she can prove she did the work she said it wasn't explained to her what I needed until she started the job......she is the business not me I told her what I wanted she didn't manage it properly, she should have told me even when it reached double and given me the chance to approve it or stop the job she never did,

Comment

She gave you a quote for the job, end of. Did you change the job after she started?

Comment

nothing in writing at all she said she understood what I needed and I think it was up to her to inform me as the service provider???

Comment

Originally posted by Hvanessa View Post
            I was quoted by email a 2-3hour job for £60 per hour plus vat.
            Do you still have that email?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X