• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One two three I'm leaving Santander. One two three they can go back to Spain. One two three those Spanish bandito$ can get lost. One two three I'm closing all my Santander accounts. One two three I'm refusing to pay a fiver a month. One two three there's free cashback on quidco. One two three better interest rates elsewhere. One two three they met their match Diana Mayhew in 2012. One two three they lost in court big time. One two three they deserved it.

What about that?
    Tags: None

Re: 123

Are they charging everyone on the 123 account a fiver a month now then?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      From 11 January it will be everyone. Just edited my post slightly:beagle:

Comment

lol, you added in the Santander v Mayhew... M&S card case ? not hugely certain on the relevance other than the name of the bank but hey ho.

Anyways, you were paying Ł2 a month, and for that you got the 123 account, with what benefits for the Ł2 a month?

''Santander is set to dramatically increase the fee on its 123 current account to Ł5-a-month.More than three million customers will be affected by the change, which it is claimed will nullify many of its benefits. From January, the account’s Ł24 annual fee will rise to Ł60 – an increase of Ł36 – in a move that has been described as a ‘kick in the teeth’ for customers.''

Read more at: http://legalbeagles.info/santander-s...#ixzz3m6iNlbSG
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

lol, you added in the Santander v Mayhew... M&S card case ? not hugely certain on the relevance other than the name of the bank but hey ho.
          That was actually a Harrods card: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803 but it got M&S worried as can be seen in that article. :grin: :grin: :grin: Mr $quandaŁot is the one with the M&S card which is also a storecard turned credit card: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...card-what-next
          Anyways, you were paying Ł2 a month, and for that you got the 123 account, with what benefits for the Ł2 a month?
          I refused to upgrade my ancient A&L account to a 123 account despite the insistence of branch staff every time I went to do a transaction, because I wanted to keep my old credit facility (such as it was) and avoid a credit check :censored: so I guess I did the right thing after all. :grin:

Comment

''Santander is set to dramatically increase the fee on its 123 current account to Ł5-a-month.More than three million customers will be affected by the change, which it is claimed will nullify many of its benefits. From January, the account’s Ł24 annual fee will rise to Ł60 – an increase of Ł36 – in a move that has been described as a ‘kick in the teeth’ for customers.''

Read more at: http://legalbeagles.info/santander-s...#ixzz3m6iNlbSG
            Actually, I never signed up with 123 as I was uncomfortable paying a monthly fee. Why complicate things with a fee saying you then get 'benefits'? It's almost like those Spanish lottery scams but, yes, $atan$ are Spanish!

I didn't sign up with 123 mainly because I had their zero current account (no longer available) which doesn't charge for exceeding your overdraft, bounched cheques etc. I got that account when I had a mortgage with them.

I did have their 123 credit card but then they jacked my interest rate so I rejected it

There will be a day - as long as I shall live - when I close all my $atan$ accounts and distribute my freshly produced 123 I'm leaving Santander leaflets to other customers. Let's see how they like it!

Comment

Yes my OH is spitting although he makes far more than Ł5 a month from the little incentives he gets and the interest but he is seriously considering telling them to stick their Ł5 where the sun doesn't shine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X